Contribute
Register

Solved: Web Driver not responding. Can only boot with nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have EFI backups folder on main partition? If you do remove the EFI folder(s) and try again. Sometimes if there is a separate config.plist there that is different from the one your trying to boot from it will block any settings your trying to use.

View attachment 293134

Great Idea! There was a backup on the main SSD. I have yet to see that suggestion. However, that did not solve the problem.

I did I completely fresh install and I wrote down each step I took. On a few hunches off this ****** Post as it might have been a timing and step by step method.

From Fresh install. No extra drivers. El Capitan 10.11.4

InstallUEFI from USB to SSD Via Multibeast.
1. Boot with nv_disable=1
2. Install Web Drivers.
3. Reboot.
4. Turn web drivers on in manager
5. Boot with nvda_drv=1
6. Eject Intel - Made sure unchecked InjectNividia
7. NvidiaWeb Checked on. (might not need this since I'm in El Capitan. But Clover is updated)

And this is where I'm at currently.
Booting with nvda_drv=1 freezes my boot mid Bootlogo with small glitch. Verbose mode attached. (not as important. Nothing that hasn't already been uploaded but I'll attach anyways. It's the long one.
Booting with Nv_disabled=1 boots but no web driver.
I had not installed Emunvram64.
Installed driver with Clover pkg. Installed RC Script. and others that have been already checked.

And this is where it gets me. A Short panic that freezes. Does not reboot. All other options have rebooted. Something here means I have to do something, but I don't understand what it means. If I want to boot from here, I'll have to boot from USB. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5095.JPG
    IMG_5095.JPG
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 10.50.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 10.50.20 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Great Idea! There was a backup on the main SSD. I have yet to see that suggestion. However, that did not solve the problem.

I did I completely fresh install and I wrote down each step I took. On a few hunches off this ****** Post as it might have been a timing and step by step method.

From Fresh install. No extra drivers. El Capitan 10.11.4

InstallUEFI from USB to SSD Via Multibeast.
1. Boot with nv_disable=1
2. Install Web Drivers.
3. Reboot.
4. Turn web drivers on in manager
5. Boot with nvda_drv=1
6. Eject Intel - Made sure unchecked InjectNividia
7. NvidiaWeb Checked on. (might not need this since I'm in El Capitan. But Clover is updated)

And this is where I'm at currently.
Booting with nvda_drv=1 freezes my boot mid Bootlogo with small glitch. Verbose mode attached. (not as important. Nothing that hasn't already been uploaded but I'll attach anyways. It's the long one.
Booting with Nv_disabled=1 boots but no web driver.
I had not installed Emunvram64.
Installed driver with Clover pkg. Installed RC Script. and others that have been already checked.

And this is where it gets me. A Short panic that freezes. Does not reboot. All other options have rebooted. Something here means I have to do something, but I don't understand what it means. If I want to boot from here, I'll have to boot from USB. Thoughts?

CPU kernel panic! Check CPU tuning section in clover only C6 enabled should be checked. Binaries, try only AppleRTCPatch.

Binaries, try only AppleRTCPatch.

Okay, I got the C6 checked now. I'm unfamiliar with the second part and google searches haven't been super helpful. I'll keep search until your response but I currently don't know what this means.

Edit: Been looking at AppleRTCPatch. Found AppleRTC in Kernel and Kexts. Is that it? It says it's already in my config.

Could it be a CMOS Battery issue? Found this. Gonna grab a battery just in case.

Edit: Bought new battery. No Change. Still gives panic. Here's the panic string I've been googling. Found a few solutions (Here, here, Here) but nothing has worked yet.

Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n'@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665

Last edited:
Clover boot screen menu has the binaries section, it for CPU power management settings. My i5 6500 (Skylake) only needs ApleRTC set in the Binaries Settings.

I'm missing something or I'm blind. Attached Clover Boot Settings. Attached config file just in case.

Here's the panic string I've been googling. Found a few solutions (Here, here, Here) but nothing has worked yet.

Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n'@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 12.17.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 12.17.34 PM.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 58
  • config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 12.20.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 12.20.22 PM.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 57
I'm missing something or I'm blind. Attached Clover Boot Settings. Attached config file just in case.

Here's the panic string I've been googling. Found a few solutions (Here, here, Here) but nothing has worked yet.

You are just going round in circles now - See Post #5.
All of those ACPI / DSDT fixes are totally unnecessary.

1.png

2.png

You are just going round in circles now - See Post #5.

Okay I turned them all off. No Kernel Panic but it reboots halfway through Bootlogo. Can only boot through nv_disable=1 Which is where we left off the last time. Obviously there's something in the web drivers, but I can't see an indication of what it would be.

Last edited:
Okay I turned them all off. No Kernel Panic but it reboots halfway through Bootlogo. Can only boot through nv_disable=1 Which is where we left off the last time. Obviously there's something in the web drivers, but I can't see an indication of what it would be. Attached Verbose.

Could it be something in the AppleIntelPowerManagment?

Attachments

• IMG_5103.PNG
    IMG_5103.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
Okay I turned them all off. No Kernel Panic but it reboots halfway through Bootlogo.
The unnecessary ACPI / DSDT fixes cause the ACPI error.

Can only boot through nv_disable=1 Which is where we left off the last time. Obviously there's something in the web drivers, but I can't see an indication of what it would be. Attached Verbose.
Is the screenshot with or without nv_disable=1 ?

Could it be something in the AppleIntelPowerManagment?
No.

The unnecessary ACPI / DSDT fixes cause the ACPI error.

Is the screenshot with or without nv_disable=1 ?

No.

Screen shot is without nv_disable=1. It's WITH nvda_drv=1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back