Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm running El Capitan on my hackintosh and Macbook Pro. I'm editing a video and been having a crash problem. From research, I can safely say it's El Capitan. I would like to reinstall yosemite, however when I fire up unibeast it tells me I need to delete and redownload Yosemite from the app store. Problem is Yosemite is no longer in the app store, or at least I can not find it. does anyone know of a way I can download it and remount it to my usb flash drive?

Thanks cats.

I'm running El Capitan on my hackintosh and Macbook Pro. I'm editing a video and been having a crash problem. From research, I can safely say it's El Capitan. I would like to reinstall yosemite, however when I fire up unibeast it tells me I need to delete and redownload Yosemite from the app store. Problem is Yosemite is no longer in the app store, or at least I can not find it. does anyone know of a way I can download it and remount it to my usb flash drive?

Thanks cats.

If you downloaded Yosemite from the App Store originally then it will still be in your Apple account along with your list of other purchases and will be still available for you to download again. On the other hand if you had it by other questionable means (NOTE SITE RULES ABOUT PIRACY) then I am afraid you're out of luck.

I've downloaded it in the past via App store on my MBP. I still have it in my application folder. However, when I go to make a usb I'm informed that I need to delete yosemite and redownload it. Problem is it appears to be removed from the app store. When I do to purchased apps it's grayed out. Is there no other way to download a OS X installer for a past version? El Capitan has been a nightmare and I would like to go back to yosemite.

So I ran CCcleaner and now I'm able to download yosemite installer. Here's hoping I can finally get my hack back up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back