Contribute
Register

WD black 2 dual SSD/HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I i want to buy the WD black2 (http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1190) It is a 2.5" size HDD that contains a 120gb SSD and a 1TB HDD. How would OS X (El cap or yosemite) compatibility be?

WD's FAQ for the Black[SUP]2[/SUP] says OS X is supported. I'm not really sure I see the point for this product, it isn't like other manufacturers' hybrid SSD/HDD drives; this is just an SSD and an HDD in one package. They appear as two separate volumes to the operating system.

WD's FAQ for the Black[SUP]2[/SUP] says OS X is supported. I'm not really sure I see the point for this product, it isn't like other manufacturers' hybrid SSD/HDD drives; this is just an SSD and an HDD in one package. They appear as two separate volumes to the operating system.
I see the point - you have a laptop that only has space for one drive. You want the speed of SSD, but you need storage space. This gives you both in one package. WD is going to find much profit with this idea.

I see the point - you have a laptop that only has space for one drive. You want the speed of SSD, but you need storage space. This gives you both in one package. WD is going to find much profit with this idea.

Hahaha. You took the words out of my mouth!

Doubt if anyone has tried one yet. Be a Pioneer - get one and let us know if it works.
If it does not work with OS X, install Windows on it and dual boot.

I will buy it and see what happens! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back