Geforce
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I need a fast server. With the highest Ghz possible (unfortunately the app doesn't use cores that much).
So obviously I think I need to OC it. But, I also need to set it in the server area an forget it in server room, so this needs to be stable and dependable. Noise is not a concern. Watercooling seems to be good, but my fear is its maintenance.
Do you need to check the liquid, the pipes. Or is it like air, set it and forget ?
Thanks

Hi,
If your are using a AIO water cooling kit from major vendors (e.g. Corsair or Cooler Master), than it should be as reliable as air cooling. They are filled and sealed, and maintenance should be minimal. I guess that you gotta do some checking, say at least once or twice a year, right?
Custom water cooling, on the other hand, have more possible point of failure (and can get expensive quickly). A well-built custom water cooling solution should not leak, die or lose liquid, but a inexperienced first-time builder's "masterpiece" might require more maintenance in its lifetime.
By the way, a lot of pre-built server for small business utilize air cooling. You could go with a very beefy air cooler (say, these monsters) if you feel insecure regarding water cooling.

Hope this helps.

I use a Noctua NH-D15S with my mATX motherboard and have my i7-8700K clocked to 5GHz. My CPU was delidded. Temps have never hit 80C.

It's just my personal opinion, but I want any liquids as far away from my computer as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back