Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I've installed Lion and have it working fully with sound and wireless...

but was it worth upgrading from 10.6.7 which was already great?

so far I personnaly think not, but I still have more exploring to do so I'm undecided currently

what's your opinion?

- - - -
[01-Nov-2011]

Ok, so I ditched Lion origionally, but now with the release of iOS5 & iCloud I have had to move upto Lion

(I had to dtich lion when I got a new graphics card (Gigabyte GT 440 512MB [GDDR5] Turbo Cache [1GB]), but now I've gone back down to my Asus GT240 1GB GDDR3)

There are still some features that I despise:

Resume (this one really gets on my boobs)
New mail clinet (replaced by Thunderbird)
Mission Control / Launchpad (useless)
Lack of native NTFS support (fixed with Paragon NTFS)
that annoying animation when an app is made full screen (you know the one where the desktop moves of to the left)

...and various others

I will conceed that Lion is better than SL, at least now that the app store has been fixed in 7.0.2 & a change in my ethernet driver

:D

I think it was worth it. I like to keep things up to date. I had no problems installing and it was pretty easy.

As a windows user, the thing I missed the most was the ability to lock your machine in snow leopard, but with lion it is very easy. Though not many features were added in lion. Having the fullscreen option, mission control, automatic saving and versions just make the experience all that better.

I guess its the little things that count :)

i enjoy it, it doesn't seem better or worse in terms of regular computing. i feel a lot safer with all the security improvements they made.

No.

Too many issues with video codecs and video playback.

I switched back to Snow.

I custom built OSX86 system based off the CustoMac builds page.

Had it running 10.6.8 well enough, but upgraded to 10.7 Lion two days later. Haven't had too many issues with it since I upgraded. I've even started playing StarCraft 2 on it and it's just SMOKIN!!

was thinking the same thing really, I think I'll upgrade to lion when I build my new system.

On the 1st day of using Lion, I thought it wasn't worth it. I had to ditch a lot of utilities that don't work in 10.7 (because Rosetta isn't there anymore)... and had to find replacements for them.

(Note that I didn't have any problems upgrading from SL.. all functions work.)

But the more I use Lion, the more I like it. There's no BIG, must have new feature, so most of the changes are even almost unnoticeable.

For me, I like the new MAIL program. I also liked the ability to resize windows from any border (something that Microsoft had for years). Also, Xcode 4.1 requires Lion so that's a plus for me.

I don't use Dashboard, or Launchpad or Mission Control. FrontRow was removed from Lion but I found a way to run it.

I just barely finished moving all my documents and files onto my cleanly installed Lion drive. For me I think it was worth it. I have not run into much trouble with it yet, my sound actually works better now. Graphics are apparently natively accelerated, (unless xmove moved the drivers over?) I am guilty of needing things to be up to date. Luckily I have a second drive to do this on, so I still have my SL drive fully functioning to cover myself in case it didn't work out. So I think it depends on your situation. SL is still fantastic either way.

for me yes , worth for lion.

lion has better performance for me

Was worth it for me, I've had no problems with the upgrade process or a complete re-install and it runs well.

Strangely enough doing a complete re-install and my CPU temps have dropped by about 5ºC...

It also helps now that the rest of the household is running Lion on genuine Apple h/w. So my wife doesn't now have issues having to use my desktop if she wants to do something quickly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back