Contribute
Register

Warning/Report: Booting Clover on a real Mac can be dangerous

mmcubu1,

I have the same issue with a macbook pro 13" And indeed if I disconnect the screen the chime only goes once in stead off indefenately.

But I tried alt+cmd+p+r to reset pram. And also crtl+alt+p+r like you typed (I suppose crtl by mistake in stead of cmd). But it made no difference until now after connection the screen back in.

Did you do something else? And how long did you keep the keycombination? because my mac makes the chime once it starts but not after reset of the pram so without the screen I cannot see when it is rebooted.

Thanks,

Karel
Did you managed to unbrick your macbook pro 13" via mmcubu1's method? I accidentally bricked my 2015 macbook pro 15" while trying to install osx on my new 500gb evo ssd M.2 using EFI clover usb. Now it's starting up with infinite chime loop with dim grey screen. Will need to try the disconnect screen and pram reset first.

I just couldn't believe a small mistake like this could potentially ruin a person's big investment. Really loosing faith in Apple products.

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Threadripper 3970X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Xserve
Mobile Phone
iOS
Did you managed to unbrick your macbook pro 13" via mmcubu1's method? I accidentally bricked my 2015 macbook pro 15" while trying to install osx on my new 500gb evo ssd M.2 using EFI clover usb. Now it's starting up with infinite chime loop with dim grey screen. Will need to try the disconnect screen and pram reset first.

I just couldn't believe a small mistake like this could potentially ruin a person's big investment. Really loosing faith in Apple products.
I just bought the matt chip and plugged it in, very very easy on a MacBook, takes a matter of minutes.

So i was flashing clover on a usb stick for a hackintosh on my early 2015 macbook pro and accidentally installed it on the main drive, without rebooting I deleted the CLOVER folder, but left the boot folder, when rebooted it booted to the clover menu but I was able to boot the system (It started with a little apple logo and the progress bar, like if the resolution had been increased, then the standard size apple logo appeared and it booted to system) I deleted the BOOT folder and anything apart the apple folder. After rebooting the clover menu was gone, but the increased resolution/back to normal bug is still there and it takes more time to boot, this also happens when I boot from usb (both in the drive selection screen and when booting to an usb, I was trying with a mojave install usb drive and the same, it started with the little apple and then it went back to the standard sized one. As said, the macbook works, but I would like a solution for the bug

Motherboard
nuc7
CPU
i7-7567U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 650
Hey guys I installed clover by mistake and I can reboot the computer and everything works normally, but I don't want to brick it.

How do I fix the EFI partition?

I would really appreciate your help guys!

Attachments

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Hey guys I installed clover by mistake and I can reboot the computer and everything works normally, but I don't want to brick it.

How do I fix the EFI partition?

I would really appreciate your help guys!
Use this to mount the EFI then remove the Clover, Clover install log and Boot folders.
EFI Mounter v3.1

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 10.00.05 PM.png

Motherboard
nuc7
CPU
i7-7567U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 650
Use this to mount the EFI then remove the Clover, Clover install log and Boot folders.
EFI Mounter v3.1

View attachment 476196
Thank you very much for helping me, I really really appreciate your help ...

These are the folders that I have, please take a look at the screenshots. They look a little different than "boot" and "clover", I also have "boot.app" as a file, "EFIROOTDIR" as a symlink or shortcut, EFI-backups ..

Thanks again, I'm very nervous I don't want to make another mistake... :(

Attachments

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
Intel
Graphics
Intel
Hello All
I have an MBP 15 Early 2011, its was working fine and now when I power on it gives repeated boot chimes. I tried SMC reset and PRAM reset (but my left control and left **** didn't work earlier) so not sure if they worked.
Also, sometimes it just boots and no chimes and nothing on screen.

What could be wrong ?

As early 2011 have issue with the AMD GPU, I am using regular method of using nvram var and removing AMD kext to only use intel GPU

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android