Contribute
Register

Warning: Gigabyte Z370 Owners - don't upgrade to recent BETA BIOS F13b...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 5700XT Evoke + UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have tested the latest Beta BIOS (in my case for the Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming F13b) and unfortunately it does not boot macOS any longer. Even with newest rev of Clover and all possible BIOS entry corrections I remain stuck on:
PTIDSensor: started

Stay on latest NON-beta BIOS F12 etc.. on all Gigabyte Z370 (Aorus) boards is strongly recommended!

If anybode has a solution or more information on the issue feel free to comment!

I accidentally updated my Z370N WiFi to F11c and that also prevented my hackintosh to boot (stuck at apple logo).
However, I was able to load the older F10 to the BIOS and that fixed the problem...
Downgrading was easy. Did it from Windows with the Gigabyte tool. Should be possible directly with USB drive also..

I also fell for the F11b Gigabyte Z370-HD3P. Hakintosh loaded endlessly ... No problem, I returned to the F8 version using a USB flash drive. (Translated with Google Translate)

Could somebody maybe share their CLOVER folders? I'd like to compare them with mine to see if I can get some insight on why I cannot boot with either F11b nor F8.

Hello everyone, I tried to upgrade to F12 version for the updates of the microcode for the core series 9 and effectively I could not boot, nor by nvme, nor by sata. I leave you the image of the screen right where it freezes.
It doesn't mention to access the disk, it freezes.

I returned to the F10.

Attachments

• IMG_20190402_214015.jpg
    IMG_20190402_214015.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 188
Thank you very much. I'll try it tonight.

How can you return to an older version of the bios? I tried to do it in the Qflash just like I upgraded but I keep getting an error.

How can you return to an older version of the bios? I tried to do it in the Qflash just like I upgraded but I keep getting an error.
From Windows: @BIOS (Note) Please install APP Center first before install this utility. I returned from the 12th version to the 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back