Contribute
Register

[WARNING] Clover update r4586 deletes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you run installer like normal and do not do custom install to manually select OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi with this clover update, it completely removes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi without warning which may leave you unbootable because you won't have it's replacement installed. Fortunately I always do smart thing and have a backup USB to emergency boot with a stable version of clover in case these things happen.

r4586 is stable, once you load AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (which is meant as replacement for OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi).

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ptiofix3drv-64-efi.255174/page-2#post-1771018 further in thread for what's happening and how to avoid it going forward.

Thank you. I quickly updated Clover 5.1.5.0 without reading up on it and had this problem. I uploaded OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to a flash drive and went to UEFI shell on Clover boot menu.

After identifying the usb drive and my clover efi partition I used the command "fso:" to enter that directory then "cp -r OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi fs3:\efi\clover\drivers64uefi"

it took me about 2 hours to figure it out, but thankfully im posting from my very el capitan. Prepping now to upgrade to High Sierra.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
    37.1 KB · Views: 479
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
    20.2 KB · Views: 349
  • OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
    23.3 KB · Views: 516
  • OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
    23.6 KB · Views: 369
tonymacx86.com is the best community ever! Thank you all guys! You are great! I was able to build my first Hackintosh from scratch reading great tutorials here, and every time I had/have a problem there's someone here willing to help others and share it with everyone! Thank you!!!

I've tried repeatedly to migrate to using ApfsDriverLoader and AptioMemoryFix. I remove apfs.efi and AptioFix3Drv from the efi partition. Clover won't load. As soon as I revert back, Clover starts and my system boots. I'm at a complete loss here. I have the latest version of Clover on 10.13.6. I'd like to migrate so I don't have to keep updating apfs.efi manually.

What more can I try?

After identifying the usb drive and my clover efi partition I used the command "fso:" to enter that directory then "cp -r OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi fs3:\efi\clover\drivers64uefi"

can you please make a step by stem tutorial as I am in same situation and veeeery new to shell commands.thanks

If you run installer like normal and do not do custom install to manually select OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi with this clover update, it completely removes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi without warning which may leave you unbootable because you won't have it's replacement installed. Fortunately I always do smart thing and have a backup USB to emergency boot with a stable version of clover in case these things happen.

r4586 is stable, once you load AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (which is meant as replacement for OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi).

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ptiofix3drv-64-efi.255174/page-2#post-1771018 further in thread for what's happening and how to avoid it going forward.
How do I replace the file if I can't boot to that drive/volume?

How do I replace the file if I can't boot to that drive/volume?

See if you can use the Clover version on your most recent Unibeast to boot to that drive/volume. It works for me quite often when an the reason that a particular drive is unbootable is because Clover is incorrectly configured (or is missing a critical file)

See if you can use the Clover version on your most recent Unibeast to boot to that drive/volume. It works for me quite often when an the reason that a particular drive is unbootable is because Clover is incorrectly configured (or is missing a critical file)

I decided to go back to HS since it does not work with my wifi card.

Hi
I just completed my first Hackintosh build last week. It was doing great very stable with everything working, until I updated Clover. Now it won't boot anymore, and I can't figure out any of the instructions in this thread. Is there a YouTube video that explains all this? I'm too new at this to understand how to read the shell, and I need someone to visually walk me through this. Or better yet is there a way to just start all over? It won't even boot up off of my original USB stick anymore. This is extremely frustrating that I lost all my work and maybe all my data too. I am so upset at myself for installing that malicious updater.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I just completed my first Hackintosh build last week. It was doing great very stable with everything working, until I updated Clover. Now it won't boot anymore, and I can't figure out any of the instructions in this thread. Is there a YouTube video that explains all this? I'm too new at this to understand how to read the shell, and I need someone to visually walk me through this. Or better yet is there a way to just start all over? It won't even boot up off of my original USB stick anymore. This is extremely frustrating that I lost all my work and maybe all my data too. I am so upset at myself for installing that malicious updater.

It is very unlikely that your data is lost. It should still all be on your drive, just inaccessible to you at the moment. You should be able to recover it immediately by removing the drive and connecting it to a working Macintosh or Hackintosh and transferring the data to something else. I highly recommend doing this before proceeding if you can get access to another computer running a current version of Mac OS.

Your computer should boot from your original USB stick. It is possible that one or more of the USB ports has stopped working as a result of one of the updates. Try different USB ports and you may find one that works. Try disconnecting every USB device that is not essential. Try disconnecting your hard drive or SSD and booting from the USB stick to prove that it is still working.

Can you get to the BIOS/UEFI? If so, check that the settings are still correct for you build.

Can you boot from something else? Try booting from a Live USB stick made with a current major Linux Distro like Linux Mint or Unbuntu. It is possible (but unlikely) that you have a hardware issue that just happened to show up at the wrong time.

In the future, ALWAYS backup a Hackintosh before ANY update. My preference is to use Clonezilla for a full bootable disk backup, but there are other options available. Here is a tutorial I wrote on the subject:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308914-guide-use-clonezilla-to-back-up-your-startup-disk/

This tutorial is just a bit out of date, but you should be able to figure it out as there are only very minor changes.

Keep reading and you should be able to solve this. Also, this is really not the forum/post to ask this question. I only found it because I monitor this thread. Please try some of the things I have suggested, then post further questions on the forum here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/general-help.10/

Thanks for the info I did manage to get it all working. I made a backup beforehand with Carbon Copy Cloner to an HDD but it wouldn't boot from the updated Clover. So I pulled it out and connected it to a Mac Pro. It booted there so I ran Multibeast 10.14.0 and re-installed Clover bootloader. I still couldn't get the main SSD to boot so I just reformatted it and used CCC to transfer the backup. It took a couple hours, those old HHDs are painfully slow, but it's all running good again. I already had f4586 on it after all, it was r4722 that killed it. I was just trying to figure out how to remove all the redundant drives on my opening screen I'll just leave well enough alone for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back