Contribute
Register

[WARNING] Clover update r4586 deletes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old was your last version of Clover? Do you remember when you first installed your last update? My files had the "-64" bit in them, but it was also still the same version I installed one year ago, about May 2017-ish. Perhaps yours doesn't have the "-64" bit because your last model was an older version? Just a wild guess, though.

Anyone else have any ideas?
I was using Clover 4558 on macOS 10.13.5 with apfs.efi. Before I updated to 10.13.6 I replaced apfs.efi with ApfsDriverLoader.efi (downloaded from https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg/releases because of this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...pfs-efi-downloads.236103/page-10#post-1763476). Once I was on 10.13.6 I updated clover to the latest version.

Last edited:
How old was your last version of Clover? Do you remember when you first installed your last update? My files had the "-64" bit in them, but it was also still the same version I installed one year ago, about May 2017-ish. Perhaps yours doesn't have the "-64" bit because your last model was an older version? Just a wild guess, though.

Anyone else have any ideas?
ibid

Hi guys I'm quite new to the hackintosh, but believe it or not I managed to get it working, finally, running high Sierra .6 . And I had the clover installed from multibeast. However I recently installed clover confugurator and updated the clover to 4586 and when I boot up it stops at the '++++...'. I've heard it removes some important stuff, to fix this could I use the original usb with clover or do I have to use a ssd caddy and edit the efi on an actual Mac . Thanks.

Thanks to everyone for the heads up with the issues in this thread. On my MSI Gaming Pro Carbon build, I had been using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi that was created by some guy somewhere to fix memory errors when using OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv or OsxAptioFix3Drv. This sketchy solution is now irrelevant with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi. Also, I was able to remove apfs.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. As an added bonus, the system now seems to boot faster.

The process:
  1. Backed up my drive with Clonezilla to make a clone just in case. This is a complete an bootable clone with the old clover boot loader and system. I also made a copy of my drivers64UEFI folder on in a folder on my desktop to simplify replacing items if something did fail.
  2. Downloaded the latest clover from Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
  3. Installed with custom configuration, making sure to check the two new items in Drivers64UEFI:
    AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
  4. BEFORE rebooting, I cleaned up the drivers64UEFI folder in the EFI partition on my disk to remove deprecated files so that it looked like the final one below. Note: path EFI-->EFI-->CLOVER-->drivers64UEFI
  5. Rebooted and everything just worked.

Clover r4586 rules! Congratulations to the development team for outstanding work.

Now I will try to update OSX from 10.13.5 to 10.13.6.

Edit: Update went well, detailed in the post here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-6-update.255911/page-31#post-1779278

Take a look at the changes to my drivers64UEFI folder:

Old folder:

Old drivers64UEFI.png

New Folder:

New drivers64UEFI.png

Last edited:
Anachronaut. thank you!

Last edited:
I just wanted to say thank you so much for helping me fix the black screen after this mess!!!! I had given up hope and you helped bring my machine back from the dead!

I upgraded Clover to build r4617 from r4589 right before installing macOS 10.13.6 update, and it causes kernel panic every time I boot the computer now. I couldn’t even boot from my macOS install flash drive since it gives me similar issue. I attach a picture of the boot log, appreciate if any of you can advise if this issue is caused by the missing OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2670.JPG
    IMG_2670.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 281
appreciate if any of you can advise if this issue is caused by the missing OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.
No, yours seems to be caused by an Ethernet kext - Off topic in this thread.

Network.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back