Contribute
Register

[WARNING] Clover update r4586 deletes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please list the commands to copy the needed files from a usb to the efi folder, i cannot figure this out...
Thsnks
Are you able to access your desktop?

Wanted to thank everyone that posted info in this thread! I updated Clover via Clover Configurator last night to prepare for 10.13.6, and imagine my surprise when I rebooted to a black screen. Couldn't boot from any other EFI volumes, either. After finding this thread I was able to replace the drivers the update removed. Up and running again, and now off to update my emergency USB drive…

Update: Followed this wonderful guide and it worked like a charm.

[REPORT] issue with clover 4586 - MacOS 10.13.5

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS LINK!!!!

I ran into the same issue by not changing options in clover install. Normally all is ok but with this version clover seems to change one efi file and does not replace with new one. Like Lundli mentioned, it's the AptioMemoryFix you have to choose. I forgot that and I couldn't boot from any of my USB sticks or anything else. Boot stops at End Randomseed++++.

Here's a solution how to fix it:

1. Press an arrow key when clover comes up so you stop counting down to boot mac os.
2. Choose Clover Shell and hit Enter.
3. Now you should see some FSX: drives (use PgUp/PgDown to view).
4. You can mount a drive with map FSX (where X is the number of the drive you want to mount)
5. Step by step mount the drives. You can go to a drive by typing e.g. FS0:
To change a directory use cd [dir]
List files with ls and use command help to show all commands.
6. One drive should be the EFI drive and one drive with your macos install. Clover does a backup before install (thanks god :)) in the root folder of your macos partition.
7. So go to the backup folder in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and copy the file OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to the same directory in your EFI drive with command cp src dst (src=path to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi; dst=path to destination directory on EFI drive).
8. After that type exit.
9. YOU MUST REBOOT NOW!
10. Now all is fine and be careful at next clover install... like me :banghead:;)

Hope this helps someone...

Update
After that procedure and you install clover 4586 again (with AptioMemoryFix-64 enabled!) or next update check out your EFI drive. When you see AptioMemoryFix-64.efi just delete the old OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
You should do that before reboot!

I GOT IT!!!! @____@ It seems that in the end, all I needed was sleep, so after finally getting some of that, I re-read through ukulele01's directions and got in flawlessly. THANK YOU SO MUCH. It is SO nice to have a computer again. ..Dang, Clover, you really goofed up this time around. Glad there's a fix until it's patched.

Last edited:
I updated before I read this topic and now the system not boot and I don’t have a USB backup how can I fix it?

Same question. I keep seeing people say ApfsDriverLoader-64 and screenshots with -64.

How old was your last version of Clover? Do you remember when you first installed your last update? My files had the "-64" bit in them, but it was also still the same version I installed one year ago, about May 2017-ish. Perhaps yours doesn't have the "-64" bit because your last model was an older version? Just a wild guess, though.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back