Contribute
Register

[WARNING] Clover update r4586 deletes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to turn it on in order to access BIOS and CBM, plus no Apple loading. Other wise it went straight to desktop login after black screen.
I have an RX580 does that with a modded BIOS but not with the stock firmware. But with CSM enabled (or Windows features turned off in motherboard speak) it gets 1080p without the CsmVideo EFI driver.

I have an RX580 does that with a modded BIOS but not with the stock firmware. But with CSM enabled (or Windows features turned off in motherboard speak) it gets 1080p without the CsmVideo EFI driver.
Oh, but would it get 2560p? I guess I will find out.

Apparently, this rx560 needs to have both CSM and CsmVideoDriver in order to access both BIOS and CBM. Live and learn. Have not done the Clover 4586 yet. ¡Mañana!

What you said seems to be helping quite a few people. Conceptually I completely understand what you’re saying, but how do I access the thumb drive with the replacement file? I enter the shell commands and only get to see half of what’s listed and I don’t know what the default names are for my main HD and thumb drive are in the shell. Using similar commands in BASIC and UNIX were so much easier with Pause and Wide display options back in the day. Anyone have any pointers as my Mac is so screwed right now.

Alright, I figured out how to map all the different portions of my HD. I can see my thumbdrive now, but when i try to copy or move OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file I am informed it is Read-Only and can't do anything. This is all really frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Clover Update complete, all good! :)

APFSDriverLoader-64.efi and apfs.efi are in "Drivers64UEFI" folder. Is this correct, both should be in the folder, not just the new "APFSDriverLoader-64.efi"?

Last edited:
Clover Update complete, all good! :)

APFSDriverLoader-64.efi and apfs.efi are in "Drivers64UEFI" folder. Is this correct, both should be in the folder, not just the new "APFSDriverLoader-64.efi"?
ApfsDriverLoader
Open source apfs.efi loader based on reverse-engineered Apple's ApfsJumpStart driver
  • Loads apfs.efi from ApfsContainer located on block device.
  • Apfs driver verbose logging suppressed.
  • Version system: connects each apfs.efi to the device from which it was retrieved
So apfs.efi is not needed on the EFI partition. AFAIK ApfsDriverLoader only works with recent AptioMemoryFix.efi so you'll want that as well before removing apfs.efi and AptioFixDrv*.efi. You can check if its working:
Code:
bdmesg | grep -i apfs
output:
0:111 0:001 Loading ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi status=Success
0:115 0:000 APFS driver loaded

Source: https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg

Last edited:
So apfs.efi is not needed on the EFI partition. AFAIK ApfsDriverLoader only works with recent AptioMemoryFix.efi so you'll want that as well before removing apfs.efi and AptioFixDrv*.efi. You can check if its working:
Code:
bdmesg | grep -i apfs
output:
Ok, ran the code and got what you posted:
Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 1.50.53 PM.png

Using the Clover 4586 I did indeed install the latest AptioMemoryFix.efi. Next, simply delete apfs.efi from Drivers64UEFI folder?
easy as that?

Ok, ran the code and got what you posted:
View attachment 339747

Using the Clover 4586 I did indeed install the latest AptioMemoryFix.efi. Next, simply delete apfs.efi from Drivers64UEFI folder?
easy as that?
Second question, is this so we no longer have to manually update apfs.efi for each MacOS update?

And finally, does the apfs.efi continue to reside in standalone/i386?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back