Contribute
Register

[WARNING] Clover update r4586 deletes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use map to get a list of all file systems
I just went into each of them and by the content I figured out which is which.
the map command is not very human readable.
Change to the file system you want to access by entering its name (like FS1: )
Use ls to list, cp to copy, cd to change directory... this usual stuff.

Thank you man, you saved my day! I booted to EFI Shell and copied necessary files from the pendrive.

not sure if my issue is related to this, but I can't boot at all in any way whatsoever and I also just updated from sierra to high sierra. trying to reboot from usb unibeast gives me a boot0: error... trying to boot from the main drive (even -x) gives me a end randomseed +++++++... Everybody that has fixed this issue has been able to get atleast a recovered version going, but not even my backups will boot.. I'm getting close to taking a sledgehammer to my rig just because I hate it so much right now... I admit this is absolutely due to me not doing enough research before updating. Any suggestions?
IMG_20180703_142855.jpg

boot0 or bootaf are usually legacy boot errors. not using UEFI boot. any reason to still be using legacy over UEFI on a z87 board?

I only used legacy originally so that my usb could be detected in the device list for booting. If i turn go uefi only, i lose all usb support for some reason. from 10.8 up until now it hasn't been an issue..

Everybody that has fixed this issue has been able to get atleast a recovered version going, but not even my backups will boot.. I'm getting close to taking a sledgehammer to my rig just because I hate it so much right now... I admit this is absolutely due to me not doing enough research before updating. Any suggestions?
View attachment 339039
For what it’s worth, I couldn’t boot to any form of backup. My fault for not creating and testing one before upgrading.

As long as you can get the required EFI files on a USB, you should be able to use the UEFI shell to copy them across (using commands others have described) without needing to boot into a backup version of Clover.

If you run installer like normal with this clover update, it completely removes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi without warning which may leave you unbootable. It doesn't remove it because it's no longer needed, it just removes it period and makes you freeze on next boot if your system relied on it. Fortunately I always do smart thing and have a backup USB to emergency boot with a stable version of clover in case these things happen.

r4586 is stable, once you put OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi back where it belongs though.

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ptiofix3drv-64-efi.255174/page-2#post-1771018 further in thread for what's happening and how to avoid it going forward.

Could you share how to make a backup USB?
is it just make a bootable flashdrive?
or something else?

For what it’s worth, I couldn’t boot to any form of backup. My fault for not creating and testing one before upgrading.

As long as you can get the required EFI files on a USB, you should be able to use the UEFI shell to copy them across (using commands others have described) without needing to boot into a backup version of Clover.

My way is remove my Hackintosh HDD and install into my macbook, then dragged the required file into Clover/Drivers64efi.

Could you share how to make a backup USB?
is it just make a bootable flashdrive?
or something else?
can just copy the EFI folder to any Fat32 formatted USB, then bring up boot menu on bios (usually f12 or something) and select UEFI - USB drive name

then when THAT clover loads up, select your HDD/SSD boot.

Any time i update clover, before I ever reboot, i go to the EFI backups folder (which clover creates automatically) and copy the latest working backup to USB. it's part of my process, so I can always boot off last working configuration if new update broke something.

can just copy the EFI folder to any Fat32 formatted USB, then bring up boot menu on bios (usually f12 or something) and select UEFI - USB drive name

then when THAT clover loads up, select your HDD/SSD boot.

Any time i update clover, before I ever reboot, i go to the EFI backups folder (which clover creates automatically) and copy the latest working backup to USB. it's part of my process, so I can always boot off last working configuration if new update broke something.

Anyway to make this drive without a working mac in the house? all i have now is a windows laptop. My unibeast from sierra isn't recognizable and my attempt at updating my main drive has caused it to only open in clover v4586.. can't even load backup drives/unibeast usb now.
EDIT: Nevermind, I found a mac to borrow. Ignore the stupid question :)

Last edited:
If you have Windows installed, you also can mount and edit EFI partition with diskpart. Just select right disk and mount.
Code:
diskpart
list disk
select disk 1
list partition
select partition 1
assign letter=b
exit
After that you need to restart your explorer with administrator rights or use explorer++ with admin rights to edit EFI files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back