Contribute
Register

[WARNING] Clover update r4586 deletes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the removal of AptioMemoryFix intended or a mistake? I guess I’m the dumb one for not researching before updating but I’ve never had any issue with any previous update. Now my problem has gone from a black screen after the Clover menu to now being stuck at my MoBo splash screen. I am unable to enter the BIOS setting or boot menu. Any ideas?

Unplug all the drives and restart it should go directly to bios.

Was the removal of AptioMemoryFix intended or a mistake? I guess I’m the dumb one for not researching before updating but I’ve never had any issue with any previous update. Now my problem has gone from a black screen after the Clover menu to now being stuck at my MoBo splash screen. I am unable to enter the BIOS setting or boot menu. Any ideas?

I was also having bizarre BIOS issues. So much so that I thought it was RAM or GPU related initially. This is what caused me to pull my mobo's CMOS battery and force it to reset.

Try making a new Unibeast USB drive with the AptioMemoryFix and ApfsDriverLoader boxes checked if you have another mac available. That's what finally got me rolling again. I'm not sure why my prior backup flash drive wasn't working, but it wasn't.

I encountered what I assume is the same issue after upgrading to Clover r4586 from a much earlier version.

This was running MacOS 10.13.4 (although I have since upgraded to 10.13.5 without issue).

I use FileVault2, and the symptom was a black screen after selecting the FileVault Prebooter from the main Clover boot screen.

In verbose mode, I received an error ending:

Code:
failed to unwrap meta crypto state
Start LoginWindow Initialize
**** ERROR _lw_InitializeGraphics DUInitialize failed: 0xE

Fix was to download the latest R21 release of AptioMemoryFix.efi and AptioInputFix.efi and copy both from a USB to /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ using the UEFI shell.

Hope this helps someone!

hi
I had the very same issue and solved it by copying the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi through the UEFI shell.
Booted from a recovery stick where I had previously copied the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, identified the various drives to find the USB and the EFI partition of my boot drive and then simply copied it over.
Once I figured out how to work in the shell it was actually very easy.

Quite nasty bug that!

Once I figured out how to work in the shell it was actually very easy.
What commands you use?
Or where i can find tutorial of using clover shell?

Use map to get a list of all file systems
I just went into each of them and by the content I figured out which is which.
the map command is not very human readable.
Change to the file system you want to access by entering its name (like FS1: )
Use ls to list, cp to copy, cd to change directory... this usual stuff.

Last edited:
I was also having bizarre BIOS issues. So much so that I thought it was RAM or GPU related initially. This is what caused me to pull my mobo's CMOS battery and force it to reset.

Try making a new Unibeast USB drive with the AptioMemoryFix and ApfsDriverLoader boxes checked if you have another mac available. That's what finally got me rolling again. I'm not sure why my prior backup flash drive wasn't working, but it wasn't.

This error affects the CMOS in my MoBo? I'm confused I guess. I understand how it could affect the OS from not loading, but why would this prevent my MoBo from moving beyond its splash screen and not allow the hotkey to enter the BIOS settings?

This error affects the CMOS in my MoBo? I'm confused I guess. I understand how it could affect the OS from not loading, but why would this prevent my MoBo from moving beyond its splash screen and not allow the hotkey to enter the BIOS settings?

I agree it doesn't make any sense. I was initially troubleshooting for hardware issues because I couldn't get into BIOS, just like you. I don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back