Contribute
Register

[WARNING] Clover update r4586 deletes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to locate OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi in the Clover installer (latest tonymacx86 version) with Pacifist but turning up nothing. Any ideas?

EDIT: Also tried the previous Clover build from SourceForge, no where to be seen.

Last edited:
Trying to locate OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi in the Clover installer (latest tonymacx86 version) with Pacifist but turning up nothing. Any ideas?

EDIT: Also tried the previous Clover build from SourceForge, no where to be seen.
Try to use this file from previous versions in /clover/drivers64UEFI
It helps me to boot.

Attachments

• OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
    23.6 KB · Views: 3,329
I'm guessing a lot of people will have issues with this, including myself.
My mac install pen drive came to the rescue otherwise I would have been fckd.
Though clover automatically creates a backup so we should be able to boot from there right?
Thanks for the heads-up guys!

Try to use this file from previous versions in /clover/drivers64UEFI
It helps me to boot.

You are a life saver, it now boots... However its not detecting my 1060 card. Nvidia web driver is enabled. All I did was reinstall the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. After it booted I also downgraded to previous Clover version but the card wasn't detected prior to doing that.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed! Turns out it also lost EmuVaribleUefi-64.efi as it was missing from the clover/drivers64UEFI folder too. Restored from backup to resolve it. Thanks for all the help. That will teach me to update Clover blindly.

Last edited:
You are a life saver, it now boots... However its not detecting my 1060 card. Nvidia web driver is enabled. All I did was reinstall the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. After it booted I also downgraded to previous Clover version but the card wasn't detected prior to doing that.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed! Turns out it also lost EmuVaribleUefi-64.efi as it was missing from the clover/drivers64UEFI folder too. Restored from backup to resolve it. Thanks for all the help. That will teach me to update Clover blindly.
Have you tried AptioMemoryFix? It might simplify things, no need for emulated NVRAM, no need to copy Apple's APFS.EFI with the APFS support package, it not being removed from the Clover package etc.

^
AptioMemoryFix is basically memfix 3 continued. the screwup in installer was, it just blindly removed fix3 but didn't actually replace it with the newer AptioMemoryFix-64.efi which is latest fix (which, as vulgo, says supports apfs container loading and also deprecates emulated nvram)

Think the whole TL/DR of situation is. AptioMemoryFix from https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg has been merged in to support https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg which has also been merged in. The problem is that clover decided to delete all the deprecated files, but following installer rules for UPGRADES vs clean installs, only upgraded files that were included from previous installs package receipt (ie it didn't add the new files to replace deprecated ones it removed). So it just left users with broken configuration.

To fix for now, and going forward, make sure you do a custom install and manually select AptioMemoryFix so the install receipt for package is correct for next time you simply upgrade. get rid of fix3 as AptioMemoryFix is it's successor and fix3 isn't in clover package anymore (which is why there is no upgrade path for it)

Last edited:
^
AptioMemoryFix is basically memfix 3 continued. the screwup in installer was, it just blindly removed fix3 but didn't actually replace it with the newer AptioMemoryFix which is latest fix (which, as vulgo, says supports apfs container loading and also deprecates emulated nvram)

Think the whole TL/DR of situation is. AptioMemoryFix from https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg has been merged in to support https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg which has also been merged in. The problem is that clover decided to delete all the deprecated files, but following installer rules for UPGRADES vs clean installs, only upgraded files that were included from previous installs package receipt (ie it didn't add the new files that replace deprecated ones it removed). So it just left users with broken configuration.

To fix for now, and going forward, make sure you do a custom install and manually select AptioMemoryFix and the optional APFS Loader (if you desire) so the install receipt for package is correct for next time you simply upgrade. get rid of fix3 as AptioMemoryFix is it's successor and fix3 isn't in clover package anymore (which is why there is no upgrade path for it)
Thx for explanation. Confirmed: AptioMemoryFix works perfectly along with ApfsDriverLoader instead of apfs.efi.

What a total debacle.

I thought I was having hardware failure or something before realizing it must have been the Clover upgrade.

I updated a flash drive with Clover r4586 (I selected AptioMemoryFix and the APFS Driver Loader when installing clover to USB), but when I select my Mac OS SSD in Clover I stall out shown in the attached.

I was pulling memory sticks and reset my BIOS when i was initially getting an "End RandomSeed" error before I realized Clover was broken. I think I reset everything to what's needed, but its been years since I actually built this thing that it's possible I missed a BIOS setting?

I will try to boot with a USB drive running the previous Clover version.

Attachments

• IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,274
Was the removal of AptioMemoryFix intended or a mistake? I guess I’m the dumb one for not researching before updating but I’ve never had any issue with any previous update. Now my problem has gone from a black screen after the Clover menu to now being stuck at my MoBo splash screen. I am unable to enter the BIOS setting or boot menu. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back