Contribute
Register

[WARNING] Clover update r4586 deletes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you use the "Custom" install button or the "Standard Install" button?
See that was my problem last time. I just blew through it and did the standard install instead of going through and customizing it. My hackintosh has been so stable that a lot of the things I learned when building it are now rusty.

See that was my problem last time. I just blew through it and did the standard install instead of going through and customizing it. My hackintosh has been so stable that a lot of the things I learned when building it are now rusty.
pretty much what I figured ;)

Good rule of thumb, every month or two, tear the system down and then rebuild it from the decimal point up, that way you stay sharp and fairly crazy! (not really, just kidding). I find that regular contact, reading through tonymac is beneficial.

Always search here and read before each change until you are sure that you know what you are about to do. We can't all be of the learned and cognizant, just the grateful for all of the work the Lords of The Machines do.

Last edited:
pretty much what I figured ;)

Good rule of thumb, every month or two, tear the system down and then rebuild it from the decimal point up, that way you stay sharp and fairly crazy! (not really, just kidding). I find that regular contact, reading through tonymac is beneficial.
Come babysit my kids so I can make time

See that was my problem last time. I just blew through it and did the standard install instead of going through and customizing it.
The macOS package installer format is just XAR archives with some lists of files and some predetermined pathways. Theres no package-manager-like features as in dependency or conflict resolution.

The macOS package installer format is just XAR archives with some lists of files and some predetermined pathways. Theres no package-manager-like features as in dependency or conflict resolution.
What is the function of CSMVidedoDxe?

Does it relate to CSM in BIOS?

Last edited:
Clover said:
64bit video driver for Clover GUI allowing to choose more resolutions. It is based on CSM module in UEFI BIOS and requires CSM to be enabled.
Note: On some hardware, this may cause Clover to fail to start. It may also be a contributing factor of a kernel panic when waking from sleep.
Use with precaution.

So if I read this correctly, if CSM is set to off in BIOS then one would not want to install CSMVidedoDxe in Clover updates?

If Clover is running on your motherboard's native EFI it can use legacy graphics ROM instead of e.g. EFI GOP to get the proper resolution for your monitor. e.g. if legacy ROM has additional modes/resolutions. See the Clover wiki.

So if I read this correctly, if CSM is set to off in BIOS then one would not want to install CSMVidedoDxe in Clover updates?
If CSM is set to off you should be getting the correct resolution with your hardware, within reason.

Last edited:
If Clover is running on your motherboard's native EFI it can use legacy graphics ROM instead of e.g. EFI GOP to get the proper resolution for your monitor. e.g. if legacy ROM has additional modes/resolutions. See the Clover wiki.

If CSM is set to off you should be getting the correct resolution with your hardware, within reason.
I had to turn it on in order to access BIOS and CBM, plus no Apple loading. Other wise it went straight to desktop login after black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back