Contribute
Register

[WARNING] Clover update r4586 deletes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, in the end I just wiped my drive, reinstalled the OS, and restored from a backup (basically, nuke it from orbit).

WelltodoVacantDarwinsfox-size_restricted.gif

It was the most sure I could be that everything would work. Everything boots normally and the OS runs fine. Anyway, what is the recommended method to update Clover? Can someone give me the absolute baby steps so I don't have to go through this headache again? I was about 1/2 a day away from ordering a new MoBo and SSD.

Anyway, what is the recommended method to update Clover?
I always download the bootable ISO and copy the files I want to update from there. If I'm trying something new i create a 'drivers-off' directory or whatever - so i can put things back from Linux or the EFI shell.

I have never run into issues in the past, so when Clover in my Pref Pane says there's an update, I just update. From now on I will do more research and not be so trigger happy until reading the message boards.

I have never run into issues in the past, so when Clover in my Pref Pane says there's an update, I just update. From now on I will do more research and not be so trigger happy until reading the message boards.
Do you use the "Custom" install button or the "Standard Install" button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back