Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Was the removal of AptioMemoryFix intended or a mistake? I guess I’m the dumb one for not researching before updating but I’ve never had any issue with any previous update. Now my problem has gone from a black screen after the Clover menu to now being stuck at my MoBo splash screen. I am unable to enter the BIOS setting or boot menu. Any ideas?
Unplug all the drives and restart it should go directly to bios.

Motherboard
Maximus VII Impact
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
Gigabyte 4GB 970GTX
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Was the removal of AptioMemoryFix intended or a mistake? I guess I’m the dumb one for not researching before updating but I’ve never had any issue with any previous update. Now my problem has gone from a black screen after the Clover menu to now being stuck at my MoBo splash screen. I am unable to enter the BIOS setting or boot menu. Any ideas?
I was also having bizarre BIOS issues. So much so that I thought it was RAM or GPU related initially. This is what caused me to pull my mobo's CMOS battery and force it to reset.

Try making a new Unibeast USB drive with the AptioMemoryFix and ApfsDriverLoader boxes checked if you have another mac available. That's what finally got me rolling again. I'm not sure why my prior backup flash drive wasn't working, but it wasn't.

I encountered what I assume is the same issue after upgrading to Clover r4586 from a much earlier version.

This was running MacOS 10.13.4 (although I have since upgraded to 10.13.5 without issue).

I use FileVault2, and the symptom was a black screen after selecting the FileVault Prebooter from the main Clover boot screen.

In verbose mode, I received an error ending:

Code:
failed to unwrap meta crypto state
Start LoginWindow Initialize
**** ERROR _lw_InitializeGraphics DUInitialize failed: 0xE
Fix was to download the latest R21 release of AptioMemoryFix.efi and AptioInputFix.efi and copy both from a USB to /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ using the UEFI shell.

Hope this helps someone!

Motherboard
ASUS Z370-A Prime
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac
hi
I had the very same issue and solved it by copying the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi through the UEFI shell.
Booted from a recovery stick where I had previously copied the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, identified the various drives to find the USB and the EFI partition of my boot drive and then simply copied it over.
Once I figured out how to work in the shell it was actually very easy.

Quite nasty bug that!

BZA

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
core i5
Graphics
sapphire pci-e ati hd6870 1024mb
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Once I figured out how to work in the shell it was actually very easy.
What commands you use?
Or where i can find tutorial of using clover shell?

Motherboard
ASUS Z370-A Prime
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac
Use map to get a list of all file systems
I just went into each of them and by the content I figured out which is which.
the map command is not very human readable.
Change to the file system you want to access by entering its name (like FS1: )
Use ls to list, cp to copy, cd to change directory... this usual stuff.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690K
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I was also having bizarre BIOS issues. So much so that I thought it was RAM or GPU related initially. This is what caused me to pull my mobo's CMOS battery and force it to reset.

Try making a new Unibeast USB drive with the AptioMemoryFix and ApfsDriverLoader boxes checked if you have another mac available. That's what finally got me rolling again. I'm not sure why my prior backup flash drive wasn't working, but it wasn't.
This error affects the CMOS in my MoBo? I'm confused I guess. I understand how it could affect the OS from not loading, but why would this prevent my MoBo from moving beyond its splash screen and not allow the hotkey to enter the BIOS settings?

Motherboard
Maximus VII Impact
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
Gigabyte 4GB 970GTX
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
This error affects the CMOS in my MoBo? I'm confused I guess. I understand how it could affect the OS from not loading, but why would this prevent my MoBo from moving beyond its splash screen and not allow the hotkey to enter the BIOS settings?
I agree it doesn't make any sense. I was initially troubleshooting for hardware issues because I couldn't get into BIOS, just like you. I don't know why.