Contribute
Register

Wanting to get ACD 27' Thunder Bolt Display, What Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so the title pretty much says it all. I am wanting to get the 27' Led Thunderbolt display. I am running 10.7 Lion on a gigabyte ga-p35pds4.

What would be the best card I could get that would work with that display? I was thinking a xfx 6870?

Thanks in advance

sickr1rider said:
Ok so the title pretty much says it all. I am wanting to get the 27' Led Thunderbolt display. I am running 10.7 Lion on a gigabyte ga-p35pds4.

What would be the best card I could get that would work with that display? I was thinking a xfx 6870?

Thanks in advance

Don't you need a thunderbolt port? Which is currently not made besides in macs? Although I could be completely wrong.

I'm reasonably sure that only real Macs can have a Thunderbolt port right now.

just want to know result as well.
I am planning to get the Sapphire 6870 which 2x Mini display port.
I hope it will work.
any suggestion?

Currently only newer Apple computers have the Thunderbolt port (no PC computers or older Macs).

Currently there are no plans to make a Thunderbolt PCI Express card. Maybe ever.

However - Kanex just announced a $150 adapter to convert a Dual-link DVI cable (plus USB for Audio/Webcam/etc.) into a Mini DisplayPort on the last-gen 27" ACD:

http://www.kanexlive.com/c247dl

I think the Thunderbolt LCD panels are the same as the last-gen Mini Displayport LCD panels, so if you don't mind buying the last revision and you don't have a GPU with a Mini Displayport on it already, it looks like you're in business :D

problem with the thunderbolt display is i don't think you will be able to get the speakers to work....u see thunderbolt carries the USBs, Firewire Ethernet and sound and video from the PC to the display...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back