Contribute
Register

Want to to get rid of Windows, just delete partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC D34010WYK
CPU
i3
Graphics
Intel HD4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi, I have a dual boot system with El Capitan and Windows 10 in the same SSD, working fine, using Clover as boot manager.
I have no use for Windows anymore and want to delete it and recover the space to the OS X partition. Questions:

1. Is it as simple as entering Disk Utility, delete Windows partition and resize the OS X partition to the full disk?
2. What about the Windows EFI boot loader information? Do I just delete the windows folder in the EFI partition?

Sorry if it's an obvious question, but I don't want to mess it up and start from scratch.

Hi, I have a dual boot system with El Capitan and Windows 10 in the same SSD, working fine, using Clover as boot manager.
I have no use for Windows anymore and want to delete it and recover the space to the OS X partition. Questions:

1. Is it as simple as entering Disk Utility, delete Windows partition and resize the OS X partition to the full disk?
2. What about the Windows EFI boot loader information? Do I just delete the windows folder in the EFI partition?

Sorry if it's an obvious question, but I don't want to mess it up and start from scratch.
1. Yes
2. Yes

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back