Contribute
Register

Want to to get rid of Windows, just delete partition?

Motherboard
Intel NUC D34010WYK
CPU
i3
Graphics
Intel HD4400
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hi, I have a dual boot system with El Capitan and Windows 10 in the same SSD, working fine, using Clover as boot manager.
I have no use for Windows anymore and want to delete it and recover the space to the OS X partition. Questions:

1. Is it as simple as entering Disk Utility, delete Windows partition and resize the OS X partition to the full disk?
2. What about the Windows EFI boot loader information? Do I just delete the windows folder in the EFI partition?

Sorry if it's an obvious question, but I don't want to mess it up and start from scratch.

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Hi, I have a dual boot system with El Capitan and Windows 10 in the same SSD, working fine, using Clover as boot manager.
I have no use for Windows anymore and want to delete it and recover the space to the OS X partition. Questions:

1. Is it as simple as entering Disk Utility, delete Windows partition and resize the OS X partition to the full disk?
2. What about the Windows EFI boot loader information? Do I just delete the windows folder in the EFI partition?

Sorry if it's an obvious question, but I don't want to mess it up and start from scratch.
1. Yes
2. Yes

Motherboard
Intel NUC D34010WYK
CPU
i3
Graphics
Intel HD4400
Mac
MacBook Pro
Thanks a lot.