Contribute
Register

Want to move from Chimera/Yosemite to Clover El Capitan but having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97M Gaming
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Want to move from Chimera/Yosemite to Clover/El Capitan but having problems.

I would like to make the move to Clover / El Capitan on my main machine (see spec's in my sig) but I've not been successful.

So as not to lose my Yosemite installation (which is working great) I removed my boot SSD and replaced it with a new 240Gb SSD to perform a clean installation.

I created a new El Capitan installation USB and I was able to install El Capitan onto the new drive. After the first re-boot I started the machine from the USB and chose my El Captain SSD to boot from to complete the installation.

I get the white Apple logo for under half a second then get the prohibited sign:

Untitled-1.jpg

I have tried a lot of boot options and after one try I got this:

Untitled-2.jpg

I have tried booting with no cache but I still get the same problem.

Has anyone got any ideas?. Thanks for any help or advice.

I'm nearly there but just need a little help:banghead:

I managed to get El Capitan installed on the new 240Gb SSD (with my original 500Gb SSD removed from the machine)

I spent the next day installing all my favourite apps ETC installed and everything is running fine, the machine boots without issues.

So now I re-install the 500Gb SSD and using Disk Utility I wipe and partition the drive. I then used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the working 240Gb El Capitan SSD to the 500Gb SSD with CCC telling me that the drive should be bootable.

Now when I start the machine I get to the Clover boot screen and I am able to boot to El Capitan using either the 240Gb or the 500Gb SSD.

My problem comes when I remove the 240Gb SSD, the machine will not boot from the newly cloned 500Gb SSD alone, all I get is this:

Untitled-1.jpg

Why won't the newly cloned SSD boot??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back