Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] disabling "fast boot" in BIOS makes sleep/wake work.

-------------------

Asus Z170-A, i7-6700K, GTX 970

I followed this guide completely http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-skylake-z170-a-i7-6700k-gtx-980-ti.181837/.

The problem is that my Hackintosh will wake up several seconds after being put to sleep (except the display keeps black). All USB devices have been removed.

The attached photo illustrates that my computer constantly tries to sleep but keeps being waken up.

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 9.30.04 AM.png

I am wondering what does this message mean and how can I troubleshoot it.

My attempts (problem remains the same):

- upgrade clover
- upgrade fakesmc
- upgrade BIOS
- fresh install of 10.11.4
- system definition iMac 17,2
- system definition of Mac Pro 3,1
- 6700k aml

=================

It turns out that I have the exactly the same problem with a dual boot Windows 10 installed on another SSD... Windows 10 will wake up immediately after being put to sleep for a few seconds. I lookup up the event log and it says "wake source: unknown." I tried removing the graphics card to use HD 530 on Windows 10 and the problem remains the same...

To my guess it is a problem with my motherboard Asus z170-A. Still, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I personally prefer system definition Mac Pro 3.1 .. less problems .

Years too late, but I don't like posts without solution, so:

My Asus Z170M-based rig started to show the same symptoms (same wake reason, same problem in Win10 dual boot install). I fixed it by restoring BIOS settings and starting from the scratch with minimal changes (those needed to get macOS running).

No idea what caused this, since sleep has worked fine for years (and I can't remember changing anything), but now it's working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back