Contribute
Register

Wake On Lan (WOL) with onboard ethernet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arw

Motherboard
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey,
has anyone managed to enable WOL on a "GA-P55 whatsoever" ?
Is it actually possible on a Hackintosh - I'd really need it.
Thx

If i understand Wake on lan right, it should just be like any other wake on lan. Just send a signal to the board and it should boot up. But dont hold me to that.

That's the problem, I don't even have the Button in the Energy-Savings panel:
"Wake up on administrative network access" (or however it's called in English)
I have this one on my MBP, where WOL works fine, but there I don't need it.

so you are trying to wake up the computer from sleep? In that case, I have no clue. I thought you were just trying to cold boot the computer up.

Evildemon989 said:
so you are trying to wake up the computer from sleep? In that case, I have no clue. I thought you were just trying to cold boot the computer up.

No, I want the PC to wake up from sleep if I try to access a shared folder on it with my Macbook. But I don't know, if Hackintoshes are able to do so at all.

cyberdog said:
Me too

with a old GA-P35-DS3P, 10.6.4 retail

Network, DHCP, Bonjour : OK

but no option "Wake up on administrative network access"

WOL don't work if i try with my old iMac Intel
Try the official 32-bit Realtek drivers in MultiBeast 2.1.1. If that doesn't work then there is no support for it.

MacMan said:
cyberdog said:
Me too

with a old GA-P35-DS3P, 10.6.4 retail

Network, DHCP, Bonjour : OK

but no option "Wake up on administrative network access"

WOL don't work if i try with my old iMac Intel
Try the official 32-bit Realtek drivers in MultiBeast 2.1.1. If that doesn't work then there is no support for it.

Indeed, now there's a fourth button in Energy Saving. But after Sleep, the network isn't working anymore. That's too bad as recently the R1000SL only gives me about 4MB/s instead of 80 in my network and I have no clue at all why. The one you mentioned in Multibeast gives me full speed.

arw said:
Hey,
has anyone managed to enable WOL on a "GA-P55 whatsoever" ?
Is it actually possible on a Hackintosh - I'd really need it.
Thx
I'm using a GA-P55M-UD2 right now and WOL works perfectly fine. I don't see that option you guys are talking about in Energy Saver either. From what I understand, WOL is OS-independent and is only dependent on the motherboard's LAN chip supporting the function. I'm using the "iNet" app for iPhone to wake it up and the "iTeleport" app to access screen sharing when I'm around the house and not in my room.

More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN#How_it_works

Just fixed it myself the other day on a UD2 too. The option is not there and I'm using the new beta ethernet driver. Wakes from both sleep and shut down. Works both from local network and internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back