CPU
I7 2600K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For some reason, WOL doesn't seem to work whenever I either put my computer to sleep or shut it off through Mavericks. If I previously shut down or put the computer to sleep in Windows 7, then WOL works perfectly. In OSX, only sometimes will WOL work after I have turned off/slept my computer through OSX; other times, I press to wake my computer, and nothing happens. Any ideas why this is so?

Is WOL only compatible with real Macs using an airport router/apple TV? Maybe this is the problem?

WOL works in OS X for those ethernet kexts that support it.

Got you, thanks for the answer. Would you happen to know which kext these are exactly? I am using the default Mavericks kexts as those are working for me in everything but WOL. Would installing any of the other ones that come in multibeast work? Thanks.

Okay, I went to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist and changed "PrioritizeNetworkReachabilityOverSleep" from a "0" to a "1", and now WOL works when I set my hackintosh to sleep. Strangely, though, it doesn't work when I turn my computer off from OS X. I would expect the opposite to be true- that turning it off shouldn't affect WOL and putting it to sleep should, as sleep is at the OS level. When I turn off the computer using Windows, WOL does work perfectly. My current solution is to restart into Windows if I have to use OS X, and shut down using Windows so that WOL will work the next time I need to use it. Does anybody have any idea as to why this is? It's like OS X is overriding my BIOS when I use it to turn of my computer, and not allowing my NIC to remain on?

Okay, I went to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist and changed "PrioritizeNetworkReachabilityOverSleep" from a "0" to a "1", and now WOL works when I set my hackintosh to sleep. Strangely, though, it doesn't work when I turn my computer off from OS X. I would expect the opposite to be true- that turning it off shouldn't affect WOL and putting it to sleep should, as sleep is at the OS level. When I turn off the computer using Windows, WOL does work perfectly. My current solution is to restart into Windows if I have to use OS X, and shut down using Windows so that WOL will work the next time I need to use it. Does anybody have any idea as to why this is? It's like OS X is overriding my BIOS when I use it to turn of my computer, and not allowing my NIC to remain on?

Thanks! Still works to this day.

I can't get this thing to wake over internet to save my life. It will wake on my local network fine but that doesn't help. I can't put it to sleep over internet also. It's almost like the port forwarding on my router closes once the computer goes to sleep. I had it working fine back with 10.10.3 and earlier. Never had it working right since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back