Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Anyone have WOL successfully working on an Asus P8P67 Pro? The Pro version of the board uses the Intel NIC, and for the life of me I can't seem to get wake-on-LAN working.

In the BIOS, I've got it allowing PCI to wake from sleep, but in System Preferences/Energy Saver panel, there is no "Wake for administrative access"—or whatever the equivalent option is—available for selection.

When I put the machine to sleep (using the sleepenabler.kext extension, and "pmVersion-23" in my boot.plist), I notice that both link/speed LEDs on the ethernet port shut off. I would expect something to still be on during sleep to indicate the port is active in order to be sensitive to WOL requests, no?

Any ideas? Does anyone have it working?

I guess Lnx2Mac is the one who should know about it. You may ask him.

dmazar said:
I guess Lnx2Mac is the one who should know about it. You may ask him.

From the places I saw his name cropping up, it seemed to me his driver was for Realtek NICs?

Is he a member on this board? Thanks for the tip.

I can test mine if you want, but what software are you using to wake it up ?

I think that thee are two different stat off sleep.

You may have to test this in Windows or Linux to make sure the bios settings are working

my build:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=20943&p=134309#p134309

Alf :D

alf_mac said:
I can test mine if you want, but what software are you using to wake it up ?

I think that thee are two different stat off sleep.

You may have to test this in Windows or Linux to make sure the bios settings are working

my build:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=20943&p=134309#p134309

Alf :D

I was using Wake-on-LAN, an application for OS X that I ran on my MacBook Pro. I tried over wireless network (Apple Airport Extreme Gigabit Basestation), and I also tried wired directly, port-to-port with an ethernet cable. I also tried with Remote Desktop, which is supposed to issue WOL magic packet when connecting.

Ok, I don't have that app "Wake-on-LAN, an application for OS X"

If you now where to get it i can test it for you, I do have two machines running OS X

Alf

alf_mac said:
Ok, I don't have that app "Wake-on-LAN, an application for OS X"

If you now where to get it i can test it for you, I do have two machines running OS X

Alf

Here you go! ;-)

:lol:

I take it that this is the version you are using

http://www.readpixel.com/wakeonlan/

Edit
Tested works 100%, it is important that I wait until the BT KB, Mouse have reconnect before I sleep it again, (about 8 sec)

You may consider moving to the same mob. that I have if this are important to you

Thanks now. I can add this to my list to.
Don't need it true but may one day I will need it

Edit2
Any more info you need from the test ?

Alf

Oh wait a sec... you're not on the same mobo? Okay, so that doesn't really help. Hmm...

Out of curiosity, what NIC is onboard the Gigabyte? Is it Realtek? If so, I already knew that was working. But if it's Intel, that will help me to diagnose what's going on.

Also out of curiosity, does the ethernet port on your back panel have activity/link lights? If so, do they remain lit during sleep?

And finally, when you go to System Preferences, is there a "Wake on administrative access" option in Energy Savings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back