Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings,

I got my first Hackintosh working now. Core i7 3770K/GB Z77-UD5H/Nvidia GT640. I don't have any problems that I've noticed except for USB dismount upon sleep. However, I do have a serious limitation: I need wake on demand so that the computer can be accessed via AppleTV/Back to my Mac.

I enabled Wake on LAN in the BIOS and changed my Chameleon file to darkwake=1. It doesn't seem to affect stability of the system or cause sleep/wake issues. But Wake on Demand is AWOL.

Essentially, this has become a deal breaker as all of our kids movies are on our desktop at this time. We use it to stream to our AppleTV downstairs for kids viewing. If I can't get this to work, I have a limited time window to disassemble the components and return them to ComputerCenter. So, ladies and gentlemen of Tonymacx86, does any one have a solution to this issue?

Thank you in advance. And God bless you for all the work that made it so simple for me to get my very first Hackintosh running.

Use a network card that supports WOL.

WOL working here, can even wake my hack using an iphone app (even though my hack is connected via gigabit ethernet).

If a computer is asleep, you won't see it in Finder from another Mac (even real macs behave this way).

But you can wake up a sleeping computer using a 3rd-party utility/program/app via WOL/WOD if your NIC supports it.

> you can see your computer while asleep from another computer on the network and wake it up?

The WOL app uses the MAC address of the NIC (not it's IP address).

I run an AirVideo server on my hack so I can stream movies to my iphone/ipod. When my hack goes to sleep in the middle of watching a movie, I just use another iphone app to wake it up - and streaming movies resume.

That's actually not true. I am able to wake up my Mac Pro remotely even while asleep from the Finder. Indeed, that's what my AppleTV does all the time to access files.

Can wake on demand with either my GigE (Sonnet Presto Pro GigE) or WiFi (Apple Airport from EBay).

IIRC it relies on the bonjour sleep proxy server, so you may need an Airport Express/Extreme or AppleTV on your network for it to function. My CustoMac wakes for 30 seconds every couple of hours or so to check in with the server, which is normal. Monitor doesn't come on.

That's actually not true. I am able to wake up my Mac Pro remotely even while asleep from the Finder. Indeed, that's what my AppleTV does all the time to access files.
Well, because you have a sleep proxy server (which is your Apple TV). I don't have an Apple TV on my network.

the Sleep Proxy will be a low-power device that is always on, like an AirPort base station or Apple TV.

Just bought Sonnet Presto Gigabit card and it seems that wake on demand isn't working for me in ML while WOL is fine.
Is anything I can do to make it work?
Wake for network access checkbox is on btw.

have anyone figured it out?

ok, got it working by changing /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist
from
Code:
  <array>
    <string>/usr/sbin/mDNSResponder</string>
    <string>-DisableSleepProxyClient</string>
  </array>
to
Code:
    <array>
        <string>/usr/sbin/mDNSResponder</string>
        <string>-UseInternalSleepProxy</string>
        <string>0</string>