Contribute
Register

Wake from Sleep with Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
any update on this issue?

I made some progress. I build a new clover USB drive from scratch with the minimal number of kext and other files and i was able to get the awake from bluetooth functionality back with both my fenvi and genuine apple card. I dont know what is causing the issue but in my case it is clearly related to either the config.plist options and/or kext/drivers combination. There is no bios or hardware issue. The problem i have now with the new clover usb is that my usb port mapping is not working anymore but no no idea what is causing that. I have a suspicion that a bad config.plist option is causing a USb issue somewhere which is the source of both problems

Last edited:
Same issue, same wifi+bt card, so disturbing.

Please post a Hackintool >> USB screenshot and your ioreg.

Please post a Hackintool >> USB screenshot and your ioreg.

I did put all my ports as internal due to debugging sleep. And that is what fixed instant wake issues, i bet i could pinpoint and change the port types 1 and 1, to find the culprit. But it doesn't seem to affect anything more than cosmetically, so i haven't really felt the need to.

Am now trying with brcmbluetoothinjector + brcm firmwaredata + brcmpatchram3, but it doesn't solve anything.
If i wake it from sleep withing 10 minutes or so, the bluetooth comes back fine. But after 10 or 20 minutes, i need to do a full reboot to get it working again.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    22.6 MB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 14.21.13.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 14.21.13.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 108
Your issue is caused by a misconfiguration of your USB map.

The BT chipset is turning off because there's no communication from the motherboard (when it's asleep) even though it is still powered.

You're gonna have to fix that with the following guide (building your own USBports.kext, put it in your EFI kexts folder (/kexts/other for Clover), clean your /L/E from USB related kexts, and rebuild your kext caches.

Please post your EFI (without SMBIOS serials), and a screenshot of your /Library/Extensions folder

Your issue is caused by a misconfiguration of your USB map.

The BT chipset is turning off because there's no communication from the motherboard (when it's asleep) even though it is still powered.

You're gonna have to fix that with the following guide (building your own USBports.kext, put it in your EFI kexts folder (/kexts/other for Clover), clean your /L/E from USB related kexts, and rebuild your kext caches.

Please post your EFI (without SMBIOS serials), and a screenshot of your /Library/Extensions folder

Thanks but i mapped my usb's already. And i am using opencore not clover, but i'll glad to share my efi anyway =)

note that the oldX299-Map.kext is the previous mapper i had.
However, with this new one, since i have 3 different usb controllers, i'm not exceeding the 15 port limit.

Attachments

• junoEFI.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 65
Try that one (I modified/renamed it, so remove the other one before you add it) and let me know if it fixed your BT wake (must be connected to HS10).

And please after restarting post a screenshot of Hackintool >> USB

Attachments

• X299-USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Try that one (I modified/renamed it, so remove the other one before you add it) and let me know if it fixed your BT wake (must be connected to HS10).

And please after restarting post a screenshot of Hackintool >> USB

First i tried your provided kext, but that even broke my sleep = instant wake immediately.
So i took your and modified all ports to internal, so i could put it to sleep again. But neither this time it was possible to wake it up from my BT key/mouse.

Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 14.46.59.png

EDIT:
Your kUSBSleep-entries in the plist maybe solved the bluetooth module coming back after a longer sleep though! Will need to try it for longer periods, but for now it seem like an improvement. So thanks for that!

So first issue remains, with my bluetoothkeyboard unable to wake the hack up, as well as one more issue that i have noticed lately:

When waking the computer up by pressing a key in my usb-keyboard. The computer wakes up, but if i don't press a key again, the screen doesn't power up. It seem like the gpu doesn't activates automatically on wake or something. Is this something you (or anyone else that reads this) have experienced before?

EDIT2:
After a couple of tests, it seems like the bluetooth module returns to fully working state after sleep, if i wake it up using my usb keyboard or by WOL. Last test when i did wake it up by the powerbutton though, the bluetooth broke. So restart was needed. Gonna do some more tests

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back