Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

thanks to the great information on this webpage I build up my own Hackintosh some weeks ago and finally I got everything working properly. The system is build on a Asus H110M-K mainboard and running with i5-7600 CPU. Because I want to use a Apple MagicMouse and Bluetooth Magic Keyboard I have installed a Broadcom BCM943602cs based WiFi+BT card, which works well for BT and WLAN (including Handoff, unlocking with Apple WAtch, ...). Also my system is going to sleep without any problems and after waking up everything is working again.
The only thing I was not getting to work is to wake up the system by keypress on my bluetooth keyboard or waking up using the Magic Mouse. I think, that the Bluetooth module is shutdown totally while the system is sleeping.
Is there something I can do to get wake on bluetooth running? I am using usbinjectall.kext with a customized SSDT to disable unused USB ports. USB itself is running fine, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.

Thanks for help

Florian

Hi,
i think it has something to do with powermanagement. The bluetooth module seems to be shutdown during sleep and i dont know the reason for that. If i stick USB sticks or smartcard-reader in the usb-ports, they are still powered during sleep. also a ipad continues to charge during sleep.

Regards,
Florian

Hi,

thanks to the great information on this webpage I build up my own Hackintosh some weeks ago and finally I got everything working properly. The system is build on a Asus H110M-K mainboard and running with i5-7600 CPU. Because I want to use a Apple MagicMouse and Bluetooth Magic Keyboard I have installed a Broadcom BCM943602cs based WiFi+BT card, which works well for BT and WLAN (including Handoff, unlocking with Apple WAtch, ...). Also my system is going to sleep without any problems and after waking up everything is working again.
The only thing I was not getting to work is to wake up the system by keypress on my bluetooth keyboard or waking up using the Magic Mouse. I think, that the Bluetooth module is shutdown totally while the system is sleeping.
Is there something I can do to get wake on bluetooth running? I am using usbinjectall.kext with a customized SSDT to disable unused USB ports. USB itself is running fine, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.

Thanks for help

Florian

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem as @fzahn defined.

Broadcom BCM943602CS based WiFi+BT card using with first generation of Magic Mouse (Broadcom BCM2042A4KFBGH bluetooth chip, BT 2.0?) and Magic Keyboard.

Bluetooth module works flawlessly when mac is awake, but it takes around 5s for bluetooth module to start and find devices on wake. And surely I can not wake system using Apple Magic Keyboard nor Mouse.

USB 2.0, USB 3.0 are healed with custom SSDT and 200 series injection. Bluetooth module is using HS12 internal USB port, which is defined in SSDT as 255 (internal).

I searched forum for similar issues, but all potential fixes from 2013-2015 don't help.

We need your guidance, RehabMan

Hardware is ASUS ROC Z370, i7 8700K

Regards,
Mikhail

Hi,

Thanks for help

Florian

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem as @fzahn defined.
I can also add to this that with mine, I have a further problem, when the wifi is on, the bluetooth doesn't work reliability and vice versa
please help.

guys any updates on this ?

guys any updates on this ?
After some time fighting this problem I just gave up. It takes 6s to reconnect, after wake up. Annoying, but fine.

It's probably some power management quirks of MB of USB ports. Because if you install it into M.2-like slot (ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G with Wifi Module) in the place of WiFi module it works fine and keeps connection to BT devices at least I was told so.

After some time fighting this problem I just gave up. It takes 6s to reconnect, after wake up. Annoying, but fine.

It's probably some power management quirks of MB of USB ports. Because if you install it into M.2-like slot (ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G with Wifi Module) in the place of WiFi module it works fine and keeps connection to BT devices at least I was told so.
damn, well mine never actually wakes up, I was starting to think there is something wrong with the card itself ... XD. Rather frustrating. thank you for the update though!

I have exactly the same problem as @fzahn defined. I use Gigabyte Aorus z390i. Install BCM943602CS to M.2 SSD port with adapter. BT keyboard not wake up. I try other usb keyboard and mouse it's works correctly and wake up my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back