Contribute
Register

Wake from sleep fan speed issue! High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

It happens to me, z370m d3h, I have last bios, F5, and High Sierra. It happens when I make some changes in the BIOS. When it happens I reset the bios from the mb jumper, and after that I change the minimal options in BIOS and save. Usually is solved, if not I repeat. The problem is gone, but If I make any change in BIOS it happens again. Thats the only problem with my build, all the other things are working nice (2 days since I build this Hack)

Hi,

It happens to me, z370m d3h, I have last bios, F5, and High Sierra. It happens when I make some changes in the BIOS. When it happens I reset the bios from the mb jumper, and after that I change the minimal options in BIOS and save. Usually is solved, if not I repeat. The problem is gone, but If I make any change in BIOS it happens again. Thats the only problem with my build, all the other things are working nice (2 days since I build this Hack)

Just seeing this now. That's the same problem I have. Currently I have not updated to this F7 BIOS yet, but I feel like that will not be a sufficient fix for the problem anyways. It's happening on Windows PC's as well. Gigabyte tells me they can't find the issue when they run tests so little has been done in regards to the problem on their part. I'm most likely going to be upgrading my board in the near future anyhow so I'll be straying away from Gigabyte for now.

This problem seems to be related to the Serial Port (and possibly to the Parallel Port setting too, not tested as my system is now working as expected) found in Peripherals/Super IO Configuration. Disabling Serial Port leads to full speed fans after waking from sleep on Windows 10 and macOS High Sierra. I cleared CMOS and could mess with basically any Bios setting without that happening, except for Serial Port. Just dont touch these 2 settings and everything should be fine. I have no Problem booting latest 10.13.4 without disabling them anyways. Give it a try.

This problem seems to be related to the Serial Port (and possibly to the Parallel Port setting too, not tested as my system is now working as expected) found in Peripherals/Super IO Configuration. Disabling Serial Port leads to full speed fans after waking from sleep on Windows 10 and macOS High Sierra. I cleared CMOS and could mess with basically any Bios setting without that happening, except for Serial Port. Just dont touch these 2 settings and everything should be fine. I have no Problem booting latest 10.13.4 without disabling them anyways. Give it a try.
Cool, I'll give this a try as I'm experiencing the same issue and I've upgraded to Bios F7.

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. I reset CMOS, did not disable the Serial/Parallel ports and still have the issue of fans running at high speed when waking from sleep.

Just seeing this now. That's the same problem I have. Currently I have not updated to this F7 BIOS yet, but I feel like that will not be a sufficient fix for the problem anyways. It's happening on Windows PC's as well. Gigabyte tells me they can't find the issue when they run tests so little has been done in regards to the problem on their part. I'm most likely going to be upgrading my board in the near future anyhow so I'll be straying away from Gigabyte for now.
Has her anyone actually tested on Windows OS to see if they can reproduce the issue? Sounds very much like hackintosh issue as sleep tends to be one a common problem since I can remember.

thanks,it solve my issue.

Has her anyone actually tested on Windows OS to see if they can reproduce the issue? Sounds very much like hackintosh issue as sleep tends to be one a common problem since I can remember.

I've tried it on Windows countless times. Issue will not go away. Apparently some Gigabyte mobo's have defective BIOS chips according peoples experiences on the Gigabyte forums.

, but If I make any change in BIOS it happens again
Hi,

Same exact Motherboard as yours, symptom occurs only after waking from hibernations in Mac OS, whereas it is fine with Windows 10.

I can confirm mine worked lilke a charm after upgrading to the lasest Bios and turing on both serial and parallel I/O. No more mad speed fan produces huge noises after hibernation.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this did not work for me. I reset CMOS, did not disable the Serial/Parallel ports and still have the issue of fans running at high speed when waking from sleep.

the same for me, i can't get rid of fan speed problems in bios F4 and if i upgrade my bios i can't boot anymore in mac OS ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back