Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I'm absolutely stuck with an issue I started having since moving to macOS Sierra and reaching out for help. I upgraded to Sierra 10.12.0 back in Dec 2016 (or Jan 2017) and since moving to Sierra my wake from sleep is broken. I'm currently on Sierra 10.12.5. Same issue.

My build I refer to in my signature is my -= HTPC Build =-. Everything works flawlessly except wake from sleep. The PC will go to sleep and power off everything. Hitting the case power button or any key on usb keyboard will wake the PC, you will see lights turn on, HDD busy led lights up for a little bit but the display gets no signal from video card and seems otherwise unresponsive. I try to remote desktop from my desktop but no response. So I'm left with no option but to hard reset. Now the problem is after power cycling, the CMOS is corrupted and the PC will POST boot power on for about 5sec then shutdown and restart again. It will continue this power cycling loop indefinitely until I short the CMOS reset pins. Then I must enter BIOS and load my saved configuration. The H61m mobo is BIOS only.

Note: Sleep and wake (and everything) function perfectly pre-sierra. I was a very happy camper.

I Have/Tried the following:
———————————————

- Using Clover 2.4 r4061 in Legacy mode (not UEFI)
- I used to use my own custom DSDT but currently using one from this Tonymacx86 site now that there is one.
(H61M-USB3-B3 DSDT) and rename to DSDT.aml.
- I will attach my clover installed in ESP as zip to see kexts and config and logs. Only 2 kexts in clover ESP.
- I will attach pic of my multibeast config which installs to /L/E plus the config. H61M - Multibeast Config.png
- I have tried SMBIOS’s MacPro 5,1 - iMac 12,2 - iMac 13,1 - iMac 14,2 (MB default) - Makes no difference.
- I have tried on/off clover settings — AppleRTC, Rtc8Allowed, Fix_WAK_200000, FIX_RTC_20000
- I have tried Darkwake modes 0, 8, 10

Build Specs:
--------------
Gigabyte H61M-USB3-B3 rev2
i5 2500K
ASUS STRIX GTX 970
8GB RAM
1x SSD 4x HDD (Over 6TB)

I have tried so many things that I’m probably forgetting some of them to list here now. As I remember them I will update the post time stamping my updated info for clarity.

If anyone can suggest anything to help fix I’d be forever grateful.

Paul :)

UPDATE - 22MAY2017:
I have uploaded a new CLOVER-H61M.zip as I have gone back to my original DSDT I made and made changes to the clover config.plist. Unfortunately still have the wake from sleep issue. I have also uploaded my ioreg.

Attachments

• H61M-Multibeast-config.mb
    4.5 KB · Views: 87
  • CLOVER-H61M.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • HTPC iMac IOReg.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Everything works flawlessly except wake from sleep.
Are you certain that you are booting with the config.plist that you uploaded in CLOVER-H61M.zip ?
It is difficult to imagine flawless performance from that.

Are you certain that you are booting with the config.plist that you uploaded in CLOVER-H61M.zip ?
It is difficult to imagine flawless performance from that.

It must be otherwise I would have had kernel panic on boot when trying Mac Pro 5,1 since I have kext patch for AppleTyMCEDriver.kext in Clover configuration.

Plus I have custom edit boot menu entries that works with the titles I give it. So it must be loaded.

What do you find is wrong with the clover configuration? I know compared to past I have far fewer options selected but with the dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml and the kexts that multi beast installed in /L/E the system functions fine except this wake from sleep issue.

It must be otherwise I would have had kernel panic on boot when trying Mac Pro 5,1 since I have kext patch for AppleTyMCEDriver.kext in Clover configuration.

Plus I have custom edit boot menu entries that works with the titles I give it. So it must be loaded.

What do you find is wrong with the clover configuration? I know compared to past I have far fewer options selected but with the dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml and the kexts that multi beast installed in /L/E the system functions fine except this wake from sleep issue.

Try the attached config and report :

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 184
Try the attached config and report :

I tried the attached config.plist you made but it hangs at boot. See attached pic.

Interestingly it seems I have 2 FakeSMC's installed :(:(:(:(

Attachments

• IMG_20170521_223250.jpg
    IMG_20170521_223250.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 89
Ok I found an old FakeSMC in /S/L/E and removed it. So not seeing FakeSMC conflicts anymore like in the attached verbose mode.

Rebooted and then it hangs at [PCI configuration]. SO I went and enabled npci=3000 in config as I used to have this setting enabled pre-sierra. Now it hangs on same last line as the pic I attached in previous reply except it can finishing writing the line. It freezes at "fla" when writing "flags". I then changed the npci setting to the npci=2000 but freezes in same place at boot. So restored my original config.plist so I can get a booting system for the moment. Wake still broken.

Ok I found an old FakeSMC in /S/L/E and removed it. So not seeing FakeSMC conflicts anymore like in the attached verbose mode.

Rebooted and then it hangs at [PCI configuration]. SO I went and enabled npci=3000 in config as I used to have this setting enabled pre-sierra. Now it hangs on same last line as the pic I attached in previous reply except it can finishing writing the line. It freezes at "fla" when writing "flags". I then changed the npci setting to the npci=2000 but freezes in same place at boot. So restored my original config.plist so I can get a booting system for the moment. Wake still broken.

Not a good idea having FakeSMC in S/L/E. FakeSMC and other Kexts goes in L/E 10.11+, S/L/E 10.6+. No problem reporting files attached. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Not a good idea having FakeSMC in S/L/E. FakeSMC and other Kexts goes in L/E 10.11+, S/L/E 10.6+. No problem reporting files attached. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Thanks!

Yes I noticed in last macOS version that they seem to move to /L/E to keep things isolated from the core system install I assume. Finding a FakeSMC in my /S/L/E just shows how long I have been upgrading vs fresh install.

I have updated my first post attaching the ioreg file. I also uploaded my clover config zip file again as I have now gone back to my DSDT I made (vs the one from the Tonymacx86 site DSDT database which I am now see are very limited basic edits). And in doing so I have updated the clvoer config.plist disabling all but DarwinFix in acpi section. Despite reverting back to my DSDT I still have wake from sleep issues. Hoping you guys can see something wrong that I cant. Many thanks for you help!

Thanks!

Yes I noticed in last macOS version that they seem to move to /L/E to keep things isolated from the core system install I assume. Finding a FakeSMC in my /S/L/E just shows how long I have been upgrading vs fresh install.

I have updated my first post attaching the ioreg file. I also uploaded my clover config zip file again as I have now gone back to my DSDT I made (vs the one from the Tonymacx86 site DSDT database which I am now see are very limited basic edits). And in doing so I have updated the clvoer config.plist disabling all but DarwinFix in acpi section. Despite reverting back to my DSDT I still have wake from sleep issues. Hoping you guys can see something wrong that I cant. Many thanks for you help!

Nothing attached. Kexts go in L/E in 10.11+.

Nothing attached. Kexts go in L/E in 10.11+.

Thanks. I understand. Just explaining how a FakeSMC.kext ended up in my /S/L/E folder.

So no attachments in my first post? I see them attached. Maybe not showing for public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back