Contribute
Register

Wacom MobileStudio Pro Hackintosh Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thank you so much! And you made a video so long too! Finally I know what's inside my own computer LOL

I was actually thinking about asking in the airport if someone could xray it for me so I have a look lol

I have to rewatch it later today. After you switched the ssd, what did you install? Windows or macOS? I was wondering if macOS would work good enough to be a daily driver (at least on the mobilestudio)
Before hand i changed my thermal paste for my cpu and gpu and was going to put a 970 evo in but i found out the hard way that the m key 970 doesnt fit. Luckily Amazon had 860 sata m.2 with 2 day shipping so i ordered that the same day and got it 2 days later and then made the video where I swapped out my ssd. Unfortunately i did not get the chance to swap my wifi card because i didnt have one that would fit the socket type so later down the road i might open it up again to swap or just settle with a dongle. Also another sad thing is wacom decided to bite us all and solder the ram to the motherboard so no upgrades are possible on that.

With enough work MacOS could be a possible daily driven OS for the Mobile Studio but it would come with some compromises due to hardware compatibility but it is still possible.

Believe it or not the video was actually 7 minutes longer so i had trim out a lot of the parts that i thought were unimportant to the dissambley, where i rambled, and mistakes i made during the process.

Ah I think this is "good enough" ;)

You know you're the first one on the whole web to show a disassembly, right? :p

And I knew that @ ram... sadly. When I bought it I was naive enough to think I could swap the ram out later, only to (after a ton of research) find out that the ram were soldered onto the board. Since I'm not even close to be any good in soldering, I wouldn't get my hopes up to upgrade them like others do on onboard ram.

I'm trying to get clover to work right now with Mojave. Something that sometimes happened (I tried to install macOS around 23548234 times now) is that after the second boot of the install, I get a black screen with a windows logo. And that's it. I can wait a whole night but nothing happens. I once was able to boot into High Sierra but I didn't know how. After a reboot however, it wasn't possible (first time ever I try a Hackintosh, and never had any experience before, so I just installed macOS and thought it was fine, up until I saw the sluggish graphics...)

Do you know what that could be? The Windows logo showing up? I get into the installer and everthing seems to work, just after the second boot, it just shows the logo and nothing else. I can even try to reboot into windows, shut it down and reboot again, in hopes to get into the installer, but unless I really reformat and do all the Unibeast install stuff again, I'm not able to get past that screen :(

I dont know about mojave because i havent tried it. I basically got 10.13.6 to be the first version to finally boot and just stuck with it. I honestly dont know what could be the issue with the windows logo popping up. I would say try running clover in verbose mode and take a picture of where it hangs and maybe we can try and deduce the problem but im not sure if this would help.

I guess some other questions are
What wacom mobile variant do you have?
Where do you have MacOS installed?
Is your efi partition also on the same device?

Edit: after reading your post again, do you have clover booting into the newly created partition by the installer or does it boot at some default partition?
This is my first unguided hackintosh so im limited to what i know and help i can offer so bear with me if im ignorant with problems and potential solutions

Got Mojave installed but now dealing with broken graphics acceleration which is proving to be a pain in the @$#(#)R@(@ to fix. Also trying to get audio working but still no success will update when i get at least get graphics acceleration working.

Edit: Never mind graphics acceleration is working forgot a zero in the config.plist

Last edited:
Booyaaah finally thanks to VoodooHDA got audio working

Edit: Over the weekend if i got time ill remake the guide for Mojave instead of High Sierra, which will also be more vanilla instead of relying on Unibeast and Multibeast all that will be needed are kext, wacom drivers, and clover 2.4k_r4741

Last edited:
Reactions: 850
Hi. Thanks for doing this. Do you have any updates? I'm looking to buy a MobileStudio soon and would LOVE to be able to boot to OSX Mojave.

Last edited:
Hey sorry to everyone i have put this project off due to school and work. Mojave can run on the system I just wont recommend it because for me at least it broke compatibility with the Bluetooth module and i could not figure it out and since all my peripherals are wireless it kind of makes the os hard to use where as high sierra it worked just fine. Other wise if you dont mind using the on screen keyboard or using a usb mouse and keyboard Mojave works just fine

Did you guys get Mojave fully running on the MSP 16? I am wanting to take the leap and try it but I don't see how far you guys got and what was left that didn't work. I have looked for hours trying to find an install guide for the MSP. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

thanks for all the help!
Ryan

Did you guys get Mojave fully running on the MSP 16? I am wanting to take the leap and try it but I don't see how far you guys got and what was left that didn't work. I have looked for hours trying to find an install guide for the MSP. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

thanks for all the help!
Ryan

I never truly got Mojave 100% working as it broke my ability to use Bluetooth. I would say start off with High Sierra as Bluetooth worked with it. WiFi will be a bust unless you swap it with a new card or use a dongle. Sound I do believe I got working. Brightness adjustment was working and also the sdcard reader. Back camera didn't work for me but the front did.

The install guide I made is the first post of this thread

Alright so i just rebooted back into my mojave partition and bluetooth is working so it might have been my bluetooth peripherals were not liking the swap from windows to mac os

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back