Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> WACOM DTH-2420 touch black screen on GTX-670 in High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ProArt B660-Creator D4 (previously Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H)
CPU
i7-12700K (previously i7-3770K)
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 4Gb (previously GTX 670)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
Per the subject title, I've just done a fresh install of High Sierra and am having trouble getting second monitor running. The monitor is a WACOM DTH-2420 (4K display) which has USB 3.0 connection for touch-screen operation. It is connected on DisplayPort cable from GTX-670 along with HDMI to primary screen from same card. Drivers are up to date for WACOM.

With current EFI (attached), when turning on the WACOM, the display config "behaves" like it is present. i.e. I can move my mouse to the extended desktop provided by the WACOM, however the screen is black.

Any hints would be welcome. The searching I've done on the forums has only revealed threads marginally related to this topic.
Should I be changing ig-platform-id to something specifically for this setup? Currently it's blank. Also, not clear what I should be setting graphics options to in BIOS. Screenshot attached of current setup on GA-Z77X-UD5h mobo. Only other thing could be the USB3.0 functionality - not sure whether that would effect things and/or how to check this is working like it should.

P.S. I've had this working on a past recent build so I know cabling and monitor is functioning.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2960.jpg
    IMG_2960.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 76
Issue closed. I've been having problems with a dodgy DP cable connection point to the GTX 670 card. Playing around with that (jiggling it) has solved it. It's not ideal but works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back