Contribute
Register

VT-d Motherboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant even boot up.

I don't think it's a motherboard problem. I have tried to get Mountain Lion to install on two different motherboards. An ASUS P8B75M and a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. Both would not boot until you turned off the VT-D in the bios. it really sucks as I use VT-D for VMware. I have not found a method yet to fix the problem.

I don't think it's a motherboard problem. I have tried to get Mountain Lion to install on two different motherboards. An ASUS P8B75M and a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. Both would not boot until you turned off the VT-D in the bios. it really sucks as I use VT-D for VMware. I have not found a method yet to fix the problem.
Now I have a same problem, too!

Today I changed my processor to E3-1230 V2 (Origin is 2500K)
I use same motherboard, and when I changed, I can't boot, too!

I think it is motherboard's problem cuz other motherboard have option to disable VT-d, but SABERTOOTH Z77 doesn't.

Have you read thru the Success threads for the Z77 Sabertooth? I can state that with a BIOS from http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/ flashed to this board that the board + 3770K + GTX 660Ti works with no problems. Sleep/auto sleep/wake, everything works.

3770K does not support VT-d, so it is disabled, thats why it works with that chip. Here is a kext from 10.8.1, it's helped other people to get VT-d enabled with 10.8.2.

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    231.8 KB · Views: 181
3770K does not support VT-d, so it is disabled, thats why it works with that chip. Here is a kext from 10.8.1, it's helped other people to get VT-d enabled with 10.8.2.
Thanks for ur file! Now Mac can work normally!

Hi. How do I add that .kext file to my unibeast install? I am getting a KP trying to install mountain lion. Same MB and CPU.

Here is a kext from 10.8.1, it's helped other people to get VT-d enabled with 10.8.2.

Nice. I own a z87mx-d3h with i5 4670 and need vt-d enabled for my study @vmware.

Will this kext work @mavericks 10.9.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back