AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As the title states is this something that is possible to do under modern OS X?

As the title states is this something that is possible to do under modern OS X?

You mean on a hackintosh? Or real Macs?

On a hackintosh, the installation guides require disabling VT-d (if the CPU supports that feature) in order to install and run MacOS. If VT-d has to be disabled then I don't think it is possible to use it, right?

You mean on a hackintosh? Or real Macs?

On a hackintosh, the installation guides require disabling VT-d (if the CPU supports that feature) in order to install and run MacOS. If VT-d has to be disabled then I don't think it is possible to use it, right?

I have VT-d enabled in BIOS and have dart=0 removed and the machine is working just fine. I can't find one person who has actually gone out and done this but have seen many who have made it work under Linux.

I have VT-d enabled in BIOS and have dart=0 removed and the machine is working just fine. I can't find one person who has actually gone out and done this but have seen many who have made it work under Linux.

Personally I have seen it myself on my older Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge systems. Enable VT-d, and the MacOS systems all fail to boot, so it seems to me that disabling it is essential, at least on my older systems.

If you are certain you can enable it on your system (Note that "Intel Virtualization Technology" in the BIOS is not the same thing.) and MacOS works, then it is news to me.

That is so cool. I am getting an i3 8100 tomorrow and will try a Windows passthrough for Ethereum mining on my hackintosh.
Edit: or a linux passthrough for that matter.

Last edited:
Any news on the passthrough ability? My 2500K is showing its age now when trying to run a Windows 10 VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back