• Enabled

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Disabled

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratch that, wish I could revote. I'd used the Multibeast rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext before, but it didn't seem fix the issue so I could enable VT-d in the BIOS. I had to borrow the kext from another 10.8.1 system that I hadn't updated yet and now it works like a charm. VT-d enabled no problem!

Scratch that, wish I could revote. I'd used the Multibeast rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext before, but it didn't seem fix the issue so I could enable VT-d in the BIOS. I had to borrow the kext from another 10.8.1 system that I hadn't updated yet and now it works like a charm. VT-d enabled no problem!

Finally what I wanted to know, how to make it work!! Can you post the kext??

Here you are! It worked for me and I hope it works for you. I don't know why using the one in Multibeast didn't solve the issue but luckily I had this one around on another system and it worked out just fine! It's probably worth trying to use the one in Multibeast before you use this one cause as far as I can see, they are the exact same kext. If it doesn't work, give this one a shot. It's from a 10.8.1 system. Good luck!

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    227.3 KB · Views: 290
Here you are! It worked for me and I hope it works for you. I don't know why using the one in Multibeast didn't solve the issue but luckily I had this one around on another system and it worked out just fine! It's probably worth trying to use the one in Multibeast before you use this one cause as far as I can see, they are the exact same kext. If it doesn't work, give this one a shot. It's from a 10.8.1 system. Good luck!

Thanks, I'll try it out.

No, goto Intel's website, you'll see that your CPU does not support Vt-D, it does't matter if you have it enabled in BIOS or not. You are not using Vt-D. So it is the same as having it disabled.

http://ark.intel.com/products/65520/Intel-Core-i5-3570K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz

I did go to the site and checked my processor http://ark.intel.com/products/65719/Intel-Core-i7-3770-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz it is supposed to allow me to have the vt-d enabled which I did when I installed the OS but once I put in my EVGA GTX 660ti it just booted when I disabled it. Any ideas on how to enable it and have the computer boot correctly?

I did go to the site and checked my processor http://ark.intel.com/products/65719/Intel-Core-i7-3770-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz it is supposed to allow me to have the vt-d enabled which I did when I installed the OS but once I put in my EVGA GTX 660ti it just booted when I disabled it. Any ideas on how to enable it and have the computer boot correctly?

There is no reason to enable it, no software support currently available for OS X. All you need for VM's is VT-x (Virtualization Technology). But, if you really "think" you need it enabled, try booting with "dart=0".

There is no reason to enable it, no software support currently available for OS X. All you need for VM's is VT-x (Virtualization Technology). But, if you really "think" you need it enabled, try booting with "dart=0".

You need vt-d to run a Vmware in 64 bit, like Windows 2008 R2.

I'm running mavericks right now and I have a 3770 with ft-d disabled because I don't want to risk rolling back the AppleACPIPlatform to 10.8.1. Is there a way I can edit the current one or do something so I can enable VT-D? I'm sick of switching it in the bios every time I switch between mavericks and W7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back