• Enabled

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Disabled

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running mavericks right now and I have a 3770 with ft-d disabled because I don't want to risk rolling back the AppleACPIPlatform to 10.8.1. Is there a way I can edit the current one or do something so I can enable VT-D? I'm sick of switching it in the bios every time I switch between mavericks and W7.

yes, boot with "dart=0". Add that to your boot.plist under kernel flags

Mavericks on a Sabertooth 55i with i7 860 Vt-D Enable and fine...
BTW, dartwake= 8 and sleeping well, I dont use Generate C/P states, but use iMac 11.3 smbios. All cores works fine

this is a very stable machine. I disable audio (VT something) and use a external USB audio from focusrite.

I run an i7-6700HQ Skylake-H and i try to enable VT-d then can't boot, but i disable VT-d i can boot to install screen,

Last edited:
I have vt-d enabled on my Optiplex 780 with a Q9550S CPU. I didn't do anything different, I just decided to try enabling it and booting and it worked.

I understand that there's no point to enabling it in OS X since OS X doesn't support or make use of it. However, I did have the intention of playing around with ESXi and running a NAS OS which could make use of SATA/SAS cards. I specifically chose the Q9550S because of its ability to have vt-d.

If you're using Parallels with OSX, Vt-d needs to be enabled so you can set your individual Windows Virtual Machines to use more than 1 processor.

I decided to start a poll to find out if anyone has Vt-D enabled and working with a CPU that supports Vt-D. Now, before you click enabled, after looking at a "LOT" of Intel CPU's, it seems that the "K" versions do not support Vt-D. With that said, it doesn't matter if you have it enabled or not, it's still disabled. If you are not sure, goto Intel's website to verify. I have noticed a lot of people having trouble getting the install off the ground because of Vt-D. I think it should be recommended in the install guides that it is Disabled to make things easier for everyone. We do not need it for VMWare and Parallels, they work fine without it. I've read most Macs come with it disabled, except for the MacPro and Xserve. Which means, probably the only CPU's that work, are Xeon's. I'm thinking, but i could be wrong, that no one has it working with a supported CPU (except Xeon). If someone has it working, please list the Name of your CPU.
Well im using a 7700k and it fully supports vt-d

It doesn't appear that the K spec has anything to do with vt-d support or not... the above example 3570k chip clearly says no support, yet my 4790k chip shows that it DOES support vt-d... and I've always run with it enable and have zero trouble because of it... so I'm not sure what the hubbub is all about...

Virtulization is working on Hp 8300(intel core i7), I am using OS 10.13.4 with latest Bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back