• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    611.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 82
Any change requires new problem reporting files.

Maybe you should start from scratch and create a new USB.

I've tried the things you told me to, that's why I'm overposting... Anyway, I couldn't find any solution yet. The only thing that I came up with is that my DVMT Pre allocated is 128mb so I removed the 32mb patch but still no clues with what is going on

Attachments

• 2018-06-11 12_10_58-Window.png
    2018-06-11 12_10_58-Window.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 83
I've tried the things you told me to, that's why I'm overposting... Anyway, I couldn't find any solution yet. The only thing that I came up with is that my DVMT Pre allocated is 128mb so I removed the 32mb patch but still no clues with what is going on

From the FAQ:
IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

You should look into BIOS settings.
And try some of the other things I mentioned.

Also, maybe you should try kernel flag: cpus=1

I do notice that there seems to be problems with these Vostro from Dell.
You might google and find some secret sauce specific to these laptops...

I also got stuck in +++++++ ... what solved for me was to mark the dellsmbios in KernelKextAndPatches -> DELLSMBIOS -> YES.

I also had future problem with USB error (OPUSBHostDevice). I solved by disabling ACPI -> DSDT -> PATCHES -> "change EHC1 to EH01" -> DISABLET = YES.

Oh yeah, I also changed the ig-platform-id to 016160006.

With these changes on config_HD5300_5500_6000 I got to the installation. Let's see what awaits me ahead.

I did this on a Dell Vostro 5480 with the same settings as yours (i7 5500U, nVidia GeForce 830m && Intel HD5500, 1366x768).

Oh, forgot do say. I did DMVP-prealloc change with this guide (https://yourapple.org/guide-cai-yosemite-tren-dell-vostro-14-5480-broadwell-hd5500.t330.html), witch i don`t even know if it worked.

Good luck!

I also had future problem with USB error (OPUSBHostDevice). I solved by disabling ACPI -> DSDT -> PATCHES -> "change EHC1 to EH01" -> DISABLET = YES.

Please note there is no such patch in the guide plist for your hardware.

I also got stuck in +++++++ ... what solved for me was to mark the dellsmbios in KernelKextAndPatches -> DELLSMBIOS -> YES.

Oh yeah, I also changed the ig-platform-id to 016160006.

With these changes on config_HD5300_5500_6000 I got to the installation. Let's see what awaits me ahead.

I did this on a Dell Vostro 5480 with the same settings as yours (i7 5500U, nVidia GeForce 830m && Intel HD5500, 1366x768).

Oh, forgot do say. I did DMVP-prealloc change with this guide (https://yourapple.org/guide-cai-yosemite-tren-dell-vostro-14-5480-broadwell-hd5500.t330.html), witch i don`t even know if it worked.

Good luck!

Hi, would you share your efi folder? I Have vostro 5480, i can't even boot to installer.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, would you share your efi folder? I Have vostro 5480, i can't even boot to installer.

Thanks in advance.
has not been seen for over a year....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back