Contribute
Register

Vostro 5480 Install Reboot Without Showing Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I followed the guide again, this time with Clover build from RehabMan and AptioMemoryFix.efi, but I got the same thing, reboot after the +++++++. I'm uploading the new Clover.zip here

Also here are the screenshots from the log until +++++++

Attachments

• 685F0E8C-6D4C-423C-BF92-A9FF93D589B8.jpeg
    685F0E8C-6D4C-423C-BF92-A9FF93D589B8.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • 514D85EE-16E2-4B13-8A1B-5F76EF09A79F.jpeg
    514D85EE-16E2-4B13-8A1B-5F76EF09A79F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
Hi, I followed the guide again, this time with Clover build from RehabMan and AptioMemoryFix.efi, but I got the same thing, reboot after the +++++++. I'm uploading the new Clover.zip here

You should try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi (may need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).
Also, don't forget to try all USB ports as the same symptoms can be caused by USB problems.
Use a USB2 stick.

Also, some computers don't work with HFSPlus.efi, so you have to use VboxHfs-64.efi instead (config.plist changes needed; details are in my guide).

Finally, check BIOS settings. For example, failure to enable DEP can cause the issue you have...

You should try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi (may need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).
Also, don't forget to try all USB ports as the same symptoms can be caused by USB problems.
Use a USB2 stick.

Also, some computers don't work with HFSPlus.efi, so you have to use VboxHfs-64.efi instead (config.plist changes needed; details are in my guide).

Finally, check BIOS settings. For example, failure to enable DEP can cause the issue you have...

Same thing, uploading new files... Already tried all USB ports and my BIOS settings I posted on the thread and I don't know what option I could enable/disable. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    757.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 53
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 68
Same thing, uploading new files... Already tried all USB ports and my BIOS settings I posted on the thread and I don't know what option I could enable/disable. :(

Are you using a USB2 stick?

Note: I would eliminate unneeded kexts from Clover/kexts/Other (refer to the guide).

Yes, yesterday I just used the same to install on my friend’s computer(samsung odissey). And I made the USB for my vostro not the odissey

Yes, yesterday I just used the same to install on my friend’s computer(samsung odissey). And I made the USB for my vostro not the odissey

You didn't answer my question.

Note: I would eliminate unneeded kexts from Clover/kexts/Other (refer to the guide).
Just removed the unneeded kexts and still in the same :/

Any change requires new problem reporting files.

Maybe you should start from scratch and create a new USB.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Sorry, here is the CLOVER.zip + Photos.

About the start from scratch I'll try it tomorrow because I'm not with my brother's macbook anymore so now I can't do the things from the guide. Anyway, would I use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or AptioMemoryFix.efi? HFSPlus.efi, or VboxHfs-64.efi? and about the kexts should I use only FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, Lilu and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup right?

Anyway, I have to thank you for the help you are giving me, I really appreciate that, you're the best

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 53