Dell XPS 9570 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750h/CM246
Graphics
UHD630, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've installed VoodooPS2Controller.kext, VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext (to L/E) in order to get my laptop touchpad working (as opposed here). I also placed the attached SSDT-I2C.aml in ACPI/patched.
Now, a lot of gestures are working: clicking with 1 finger to just click, tapping with 3 fingers to preview, scrolling with 2 fingers works decent (sometimes stutters), and scrolling with 3 fingers works really nice (to switch between desktops).
But clicking/tapping with 2 fingers doesn't do a right click, which gives quite a hassle.
Also, in settings, only a setting for 'mouse' is available, the setting for 'touchpad' gives a 'searching for bluetooth touchpad device...' dialog.

Debug files are attached.

I hope you can help!

Full laptop specs:
Dell XPS 15 9570 (2018)
Resolution: 1080p
CPU: Intel i7-8750h
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce 1050ti
Drive: 512GB NVMe SSD
Memory: 16GB DDR4

Attachments

• SSDT-I2C.aml
    369 bytes · Views: 84
  • debug_18596.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
I have the same problem. I fixed it by enabling tap to click. But I would like a better fix too.

I heard that fakeSMC messes up the Voodoo Trackpad drivers and that virtualSMC works better. I am not sure how valid this statement is but you could still try it. I am pretty new to the Hackintosh community so it don't 100% know what I am talking about.

I heard that fakeSMC messes up the Voodoo Trackpad drivers and that virtualSMC works better. I am not sure how valid this statement is but you could still try it. I am pretty new to the Hackintosh community so it don't 100% know what I am talking about.
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

Use the tool here and upload your problem reporting files:

Okay, will try that tomorrow, thank you.
i have used both FakeSMC and VirtualSMC (separately of course!) and have seen no issues with trackpad kexts

okay good to know. Someone told me that online, but they could have now known what they were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back