Acer A515-51-592H (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core-i5 8250U (100-Series)
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 (1080p)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I am currently configuring the VoodooPS2 controller from RehabMan for my laptop keyboard. Some keys are switched and other stuff.
First I want to find the corresponding ps2-codes. To do so I installed the recent debug VoodooPS2 kext to /S/L/E (including the deamon and the plist for launch). The keyboard itself is working but I get no debug output in the console. I also treid to put the kext to clover instead but thats also not working.

I installed the kext via kextloader.

Some days ago I got the console output and ps2 coded but after a reboot that didn't work anymore. Unfortunalty I don't know what changed and could have breaked the debug output.

As far as I can see the kext is loaded:
Code:
143    0 0xffffff7f83799000 0xc000     0xc000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.34) 7D174406-32B6-34E7-90E6-FA1348E67A34 <11 7 5 4 3 1>

Thx for any help

Hi,

I am currently configuring the VoodooPS2 controller from RehabMan for my laptop keyboard. Some keys are switched and other stuff.
First I want to find the corresponding ps2-codes. To do so I installed the recent debug VoodooPS2 kext to /S/L/E (including the deamon and the plist for launch). The keyboard itself is working but I get no debug output in the console. I also treid to put the kext to clover instead but thats also not working.

I installed the kext via kextloader.

Some days ago I got the console output and ps2 coded but after a reboot that didn't work anymore. Unfortunalty I don't know what changed and could have breaked the debug output.

As far as I can see the kext is loaded:
Code:
143    0 0xffffff7f83799000 0xc000     0xc000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.34) 7D174406-32B6-34E7-90E6-FA1348E67A34 <11 7 5 4 3 1>

Thx for any help

Kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
Read here regarding kernel logs:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Thanks for the advise.
I found the basic problem: I installed the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext too and it seems they conflict.
I managed to customize the ps2 mapping. Working like charm.

I used the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext to realize the right click capability on the touchpad because its supported natively by this kext. I read it should be possible with the VoodooPs2Controller too but it doesn't work currently.
Is there anything to configure to make right click working like in windows? (normal click + Strg is doing the job too).

The Trackpack is recognized by the system as a Synaptic pad (which it is).

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise.
I found the basic problem: I installed the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext too and it seems they conflict.
I managed to customize the ps2 mapping. Working like charm.

I used the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext to realize the right click capability on the touchpad because its supported natively by this kext. I read it should be possible with the VoodooPs2Controller too but it doesn't work currently.
Is there anything to configure to make right click working like in windows? (normal click + Strg is doing the job too).

The Trackpack is recognized by the system as a Synaptic pad (which it is).

You will need to describe your issue in detail, and attach PR files as per FAQ.

As a new thread? An it it correct that the VoodooPS2 controller kext should support the right click?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back