Dell XPS 9550
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have installed the latest Voodoo PS2 Driver which I have compiled from Github and now I try to do the FN Keymapping but I found in the Dell Section no part where I can define the correct PS2 Code for example for Mute Sound, Turn Sound Up and Down and so on or is this defined elsewhere? I have only found Items in the Customs PS2 Map but not for which Function each Item stand.

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I have installed the latest Voodoo PS2 Driver which I have compiled from Github and now I try to do the FN Keymapping but I found in the Dell Section no part where I can define the correct PS2 Code for example for Mute Sound, Turn Sound Up and Down and so on or is this defined elsewhere? I have only found Items in the Customs PS2 Map but not for which Function each Item stand.

Thanks for the help.

PS2 codes are discovered via the logs when using the debug version.
But volume keys have standard codes...
What is the issue?

I know that they discovered via the Logs in the Debug Version which I also have installed. My Problem is only in the Info.plist where I have to add the Codes that they do the correct actions like mute volume, Brightness up and down and so on.

I know that they discovered via the Logs in the Debug Version which I also have installed. My Problem is only in the Info.plist where I have to add the Codes that they do the correct actions like mute volume, Brightness up and down and so on.

Volume up/down/mute have standard PS2 codes and standard mappings that work.
Brightness keys are a different matter... covered in the backlight guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I have just seen that some keys ware working without to do anything like Volume, Up and Down. It looks like that my Keyboard is using ACPI for Brightness Up and Down. Is there a way to apply the ACPIDebug.kext DSDT patch via an SDDT like an Hotpatch or is this not possible in this case?

I have just seen that some keys ware working without to do anything like Volume, Up and Down. It looks like that my Keyboard is using ACPI for Brightness Up and Down. Is there a way to apply the ACPIDebug.kext DSDT patch via an SDDT like an Hotpatch or is this not possible in this case?

No reason to use hotpatch for temporary DSDT patches such as those required for EC query instrumentation/ACPIDebug.

I have just found the ApplePS2Smarttouchpad Kext which is compatible without to do anything to Debug. This is easier for me to use the FN Keys correctly. Thank you.

I have just found the ApplePS2Smarttouchpad Kext which is compatible without to do anything to Debug. This is easier for me to use the FN Keys correctly. Thank you.

Even that kext requires ACPI patches to use actual brightness keys...

With that Kext I had nothing to Patch for the Brightness Keys.

With that Kext I had nothing to Patch for the Brightness Keys.

Then you're probably pressing keys other than your brightness keys... (you are probably pressing regular Fxx keys).
Which is fine, if you're ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back