Contribute
Register

VoodooPS2 controller (trackpad only) sometimes does not wake up correctly after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G4 (C/UEFI)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Not really a Mojave issue as I have been experiencing this since High Sierra. I hoped it would be solved with 10.14.6 + VoodooPS2Controller 1.9.2 but unfortunately it still happens.

Sometimes after waking from sleep, trackpad does not work. It tends to happen if the laptop has been sleeping for a long time. If I enter sleep again and wake it normally starts working again (other times I need to reset). I wonder if:

1) Are there any parameters in the module .plists that I can play with in order to mitigate this effect. I see there are some parameters regarding timeouts in milliseconds, but am afraid to tweak blindly and make things worse.

2) Is there a way to reset the trackpad from the terminal, so I can have a handy script to manually reset it.

I have a HP ProBook 450G4. Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• debug_13754.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 79
Not really a Mojave issue as I have been experiencing this since High Sierra. I hoped it would be solved with 10.14.6 + VoodooPS2Controller 1.9.2 but unfortunately it still happens.

Sometimes after waking from sleep, trackpad does not work. It tends to happen if the laptop has been sleeping for a long time. If I enter sleep again and wake it normally starts working again (other times I need to reset). I wonder if:

1) Are there any parameters in the module .plists that I can play with in order to mitigate this effect. I see there are some parameters regarding timeouts in milliseconds, but am afraid to tweak blindly and make things worse.

2) Is there a way to reset the trackpad from the terminal, so I can have a handy script to manually reset it.

I have a HP ProBook 450G4. Thanks in advance !
not sure why you are using the usb port limit patch as you seemed to have followed the guide:

Use this to make sure your kexts are up to date:

not sure why you are using the usb port limit patch as you seemed to have followed the guide:

Use this to make sure your kexts are up to date:

I followed it originally for Sierra and Mojave 10.14.0, but later made some changes to transition everything to Lilu + Whatevergreen + AppleALC. To be honest I had doubts whether that USB patch was still required or not, I found conflicting documentation about the subject. So should I remove it?

And yes all my kexts are up to date: Last lilu, last Whatevergreen and AppleALC, no hard HDA patches, last VoodooPS2Controller . I love kextupdater !

Code:
Checking  ACPIBatteryManager ...
You are up to date (1.90.1)
─────────────────
Checking  AppleALC ...
You are up to date (1.3.9)
─────────────────
Checking  BrcmPatchRam ...
You are up to date (2.2.10)
─────────────────
Checking  Clover ...
You are up to date (5033)
─────────────────
Checking  FakePCIID ...
You are up to date (1.3.15)
─────────────────
Checking  FakeSMC ...
You are up to date (1800)
─────────────────
Checking  Lilu ...
You are up to date (1.3.7)
─────────────────
Checking  RealtekRTL8111 ...
You are up to date (2.2.2)
─────────────────
Checking  Sinetekrtsx ...
You are up to date (1.0)
─────────────────
Checking  USBInjectAll ...
You are up to date (0.7.1)
─────────────────
Checking  VoodooPS2 ...
You are up to date (1.9.2)
─────────────────
Checking  WhateverGreen ...
You are up to date (1.3.0)
─────────────────

Done.

BTW, offtopic - I have seen you are recommending to get rid of SMChelper and FakeSMC vs the new VirtualSMC. I was tempted to do that but as VirtualSMC is too bleeding edge vs the tried and tested FakeSMC I was delaying the upgrade. Should I?

Last edited:
I followed it originally for Sierra and Mojave 10.14.0, but later made some changes to transition everything to Lilu + Whatevergreen + AppleALC. To be honest I had doubts whether that USB patch was still required or not, I found conflicting documentation about the subject. So should I remove it?

And yes all my kexts are up to date: Last lilu, last Whatevergreen and AppleALC, no hard HDA patches, last VoodooPS2Controller . I love kextupdater !

Code:
Checking  ACPIBatteryManager ...
You are up to date (1.90.1)
─────────────────
Checking  AppleALC ...
You are up to date (1.3.9)
─────────────────
Checking  BrcmPatchRam ...
You are up to date (2.2.10)
─────────────────
Checking  Clover ...
You are up to date (5033)
─────────────────
Checking  FakePCIID ...
You are up to date (1.3.15)
─────────────────
Checking  FakeSMC ...
You are up to date (1800)
─────────────────
Checking  Lilu ...
You are up to date (1.3.7)
─────────────────
Checking  RealtekRTL8111 ...
You are up to date (2.2.2)
─────────────────
Checking  Sinetekrtsx ...
You are up to date (1.0)
─────────────────
Checking  USBInjectAll ...
You are up to date (0.7.1)
─────────────────
Checking  VoodooPS2 ...
You are up to date (1.9.2)
─────────────────
Checking  WhateverGreen ...
You are up to date (1.3.0)
─────────────────

Done.
keeping the usb port limit patch on all the time is a bad idea, test your system without it (may or may not help! :) )

keeping the usb port limit patch on all the time is a bad idea, test your system without it (may or may not help! :) )
Doing it now. Regarding the original question, I am most interested in knowing if there is a software way to reset VoodooPS2Controller, as re-sleeping and waking up solves the issue. Do you think it can be done?

Doing it now. Regarding the original question, I am most interested in knowing if there is a software way to reset VoodooPS2Controller, as re-sleeping and waking up solves the issue. Do you think it can be done?
not sure

just seen your edit about virtualSMC:

yes, i have been using it for awhile now with no issues

not sure

just seen your edit about virtualSMC:

yes, i have been using it for awhile now with no issues

Well I am going to give it a try then! Removed the limit patch and all 4 USBs are recognized, so I guess this laptop wouldn´t ever need it! Thanks for the tip-.

1565193597886.png

Well I am going to give it a try then! Removed the limit patch and all 4 USBs are recognized, so I guess this laptop wouldn´t ever need it! Thanks for the tip-.

View attachment 420782
yes, the port limit patches opens up all the ports, then you create the ssdt and then boot without the port limit patches to test

as Rehabman already created this, this is already included in your acpi/patched folder :)

as Rehabman already created this, this is already included in your acpi/patched folder

Ohh thanks for noticing! I had forgotten about ACPI/patched since the first High Sierra install and indeed all USBs are correctly defined there :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back