HD 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

After updating clover to version 4910 my precision trackpad have stopped working. It was on Razer Blade 15 (2018), with Mojave 10.14.3. Kexts used were VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext (ver. 2.1.5). Anyone with similar experience with possible solution?

You should attach a troubleshooting archive (gen_debug.sh) for analysis.
If you don't have CoolStar's 2 patches in your config.plist, try adding them. Also rebuild your kextcache:
Bash:
sudo kextcache -i /

I have removed AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController from /S/L/E (thats why I dont have Coolstar patches in config.plist) and rebuilt kextcache. It didn't help.
The trackpad was fully functional with Mojave 10.14.3 and older version of Clover. However after updating clover to version 4910 trackpad stopped working. After that I have updated to Mojave 10.14.4 and result was the same.

Attachments

• debug_6471.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 57
I have just found solution. I have downgraded Clover from 4910 (or now 4920) to Clover 4895 and trackpad is now fully functional.

There's probably a better solution than using an old copy of Clover.
It's not recommended to remove Apple's Lpss kexts. Using CoolStar's patches is preferred.

VoodooI2C is not updated to the latest version. Make sure you're also updating VoodooI2CHID.
Try installing VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID to /L/E instead of Clover as well (Or follow the suggested method of installing *all* of your kexts to /L/E, and have mandatory kexts Clover - while they're still in /L/E. Set InjectKexts=Detect)

There's probably a better solution than using an old copy of Clover.
It's not recommended to remove Apple's Lpss kexts. Using CoolStar's patches is preferred.

VoodooI2C is not updated to the latest version. Make sure you're also updating VoodooI2CHID.
Try installing VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID to /L/E instead of Clover as well (Or follow the suggested method of installing *all* of your kexts to /L/E, and have mandatory kexts Clover - while they're still in /L/E. Set InjectKexts=Detect)

I have already tried all suggestions you have without any success. Installed VoodooI2C and ..CHID are latest version 2.1.6. Moving kexts from Other to /L/E did not make any change. It is definitely something with Clover.

I have already tried all suggestions you have without any success. Installed VoodooI2C and ..CHID are latest version 2.1.6. Moving kexts from Other to /L/E did not make any change. It is definitely something with Clover.
Could be easier to analyze with a specific Clover revision it broke on.
If you'd like to test, you can find a build for each revision over here:

I am using VoodooI2C with 4920 on a DELL.

it would be helpful if you updated your hardware profile. and also, do you have SSDT-i2c.aml in ACPI/patched? and do you have the patches in config.plist by coolstar to Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers? you could also check out helpful thread by @jaymonkey about voodooi2c. hope you get it worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back