Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@boardschauer thank you for the hint.
I will dig into it and see if it works for my rig and if it dose I will check why needs the Touchscreen HID to be removed from the VoodooI2CHID.kext.

@boardschauer your hint worked perfectly. Now I have a working trackpad and also a working touch screen with stylus (no more finger touch response) and that is the perfect combo for me.
So once again thanks for the hint.

@boardschauer your hint worked perfectly. Now I have a working trackpad and also a working touch screen with stylus (no more finger touch response) and that is the perfect combo for me.
So once again thanks for the hint.
I am facing one issue though: The touchpad is recognizing only one finger at a time. So no gestures are recognized, e.g. scrolling with two fingers. It doesn't matter which setting I choose in the touchpad settings. With the tool FingerMgmt I see that the touchpad is recognizing only one finger. Any hints on this?

I am facing one issue though: The touchpad is recognizing only one finger at a time. So no gestures are recognized, e.g. scrolling with two fingers. It doesn't matter which setting I choose in the touchpad settings. With the tool FingerMgmt I see that the touchpad is recognizing only one finger. Any hints on this?
I can confirm that the same thing is happening here and also sometimes when I boot/reboot the trackpad is unresponsive (I have the driver in EFI/Clover/kexts/other).
I will dig into the code and also look in the linux driver code to see if I can find a solution.

I can confirm that the same thing is happening here and also sometimes when I boot/reboot the trackpad is unresponsive (I have the driver in EFI/Clover/kexts/other).
I will dig into the code and also look in the linux driver code to see if I can find a solution.
Hey can you share your EFI? my laptop is a Zenbook UX534FTC with screenpad and havent gotten it to work at all. Im a little confused on the GPI0 pinning, i have the Hex number im suppose to use but not sure how to implement it.
Thanks

Hey can you share your EFI? my laptop is a Zenbook UX534FTC with screenpad and havent gotten it to work at all. Im a little confused on the GPI0 pinning, i have the Hex number im suppose to use but not sure how to implement it.
Thanks
Heya, my rig is an ASUS Zenbook PRO UX580GE (I have a thread for this one and there are some of my EFI configs used while I configured it) and is not compatible with yours in many regards, but lets see how can we get your trackpad to work (the screenpad is in most configs linked with the discrete GPU and that will not work).
To help you I need to know how did you patched your system - did you patched the DSDT or did you used the hot-patch method ?
If you went with hot-patch method then you can use GenI2C tool (https://github.com/williambj1/GenI2C) to generate the 2 SSDT files that will get you started.

hi, i have Acer Predator Helios 300 (Ph315-53) and my trackpad is elan050a and it is not working and if use ssdt-GPI0 it is not appearing in the IORegistery explorer.but it is appearing in the IORegisteryExplorer only when i use ssdt-XOSI but trackpad does not work can somebody help me

Attachments

• untitled folder.zip
    26 MB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 9.24.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 9.24.38 PM.png
    127 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 9.35.36 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 9.35.36 PM.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hi, yesterday I did the big sur update and everything works correctly except wi fi I hope it can be resolved and the one that cannot be resolved and the touchpad. My touchpad is ELAN 0633. Any compatible one please?

Kind of a difficult question, I don't know if this is improvable but it's worth a shot.

Is it possible to tone down the Tap to Click sensitivity? It makes writing on the keyboard very very hard if it is activated. The cursor jumps everywhere, Palm Rejection kind of works but not enough to prevent every slight click that Tap to Click detects.

My config:
xps 15 7590 4k oled
this clover folder: https://github.com/LuletterSoul/Dell-XPS15-9570-macOS
this config.plist: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/brightness-control-xps-7590-i7-9750h-uhd-630.280567/#post-1982045

Everything else works great!

I've tested some more, on the windows side as well to have a precise idea of it. The problem is indeed palm rejection. It's not as solid as on the windows side.
Is it something that would be very hard to improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back