Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing!

Great polling method success with VoodooI2C v2.4.3 on my ELAN1000 trackpad (Skylake Asus Zenbook)

I was on Mojave using VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CElan v2.1.6 with the GPIO pinning method (GPIO pin number 0x47)

I decided to finally clean upgrade to Catalina 10.15.4 and use the latest VoodooI2C v2.4.3

I'm on Clover r5119 and preparing to upgrade to OpenCore, so not using the static DSDT, only SSDT hotpatches. All I'm using that could be trackpad related is SSDT-GPIO, SSDT-XOSI, SSDT-EC

Edit: I am also using the Clover KextToPatch fixes to prevent AppleIntelLpssI2C and AppleIntelLpssI2CController from loading

To my great surprise, VoodooI2C worked out of the box in polling method with all the features and gestures enabled. Amazing!

What works:
- right-click
- left-click
- 2-finger scrolling
- 3-finger expose
- tap to click
- 3-finger tap for data look up

A few observations:
- The trackpad only started working as soon as I added SSDT-BATT to enable battery status. So, a working battery status is required.

- Left click was not working properly until I disabled "Force Click and haptic feedback" in the trackpad settings

It doesn't appear that I will gain much from moving to the GPIO pinning method.

View attachment 475811
also fixes to prevent AppleIntelLpssI2C and AppleIntelLpssI2CController are no longer required with latest version of VoodooI2C :)

Just found out. Indeed. AppleIntelLpssI2C and AppleIntelLpssI2CController no longer load. No patch required.

One more observation. This VoodooI2C automatic hotpatching for the polling method only happens if strictly hotpatching is used, no static DSDT.

I tried to use a static DSDT to implement a patch, I immediately lost my trackpad function. I removed the static DSDT, and trackpad function immediately came back.

At least on my Skylake Asus notebook, VooodooI2C is able to automatically hotpatch for the polling method if strictly hotpatching is used, no static dsdt.

What instruction? I followed this instruction exactly - https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Laptops/trackpad-methods/manual.html after it not working, I start experimenting with additional variables. But pure version of this guide not working also.

I just did test with IOReg and XOSI and rename method. Result is, that with both methods, GPI0 seems to work same:

View attachment 475239

View attachment 475240

CPD0 (my touchpad device) looks different.
View attachment 475241

View attachment 475242

How did you make the I2C works? I have a hp zbook studio G5 and the I'm trying to make it works. I checked your website and seems you have removed GPIO and I2C patches.

Please share with us. Thank you!

I read not careful enough. I thought you have successfully made the touchpad works.

I used same patch you mentioned and touchpad shown up as you shared. HID engine started but touchpad not function at all.

Thanks for your reply.
My touchpad works like a charm with XOSI SSDT.
It doesn't work with the other method, that I tried, so I go back to XOSI method.
BTW. this method usually need few restart to start working.

My touchpad works like a charm with XOSI SSDT.
It doesn't work with the other method, that I tried, so I go back to XOSI method.
BTW. this method usually need few restart to start working.

I saw your repo you have voodooinput.kext under kext section. I could have the trackpad working only when voodooinput.kext installed.

Do you mind share your IO reg after success? Is you trackpad shown under settings?

Hi guys,

I cannot make my touchpad works.

My laptop is Asus adol13un,i5-8250u(kaby lake r) and my touchpad is ELAN1204.According the guide,my hexadecimal APIC pin is 0x6d and hexadecimal GPIO pin is 0x55.I put 0x55 to //Pin list in the ETPD Device.But the touchpad is not working.In the boot logging it said pin 85 cannot be used as IRQ.This problem has stuck me over half year.I used VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CELAN from 2.3 to 2.4.4.The macos version from Catalina to Big Sur.I had read almost all of this post and tried all solutions in this post but nothing happened.This is my OpenCore folder.

Attachments

• oc.zip
    32.6 MB · Views: 311
Guys. I need some help. I'm at my wits' end. I just can't get the trackpad on my new laptop working right. Everything else seems to be running great. Just the trackpad is detected as a PS/2 mouse... So it kinda works...

Thanks in advance.

Laptop specs:
Dell Vostro 3480
i5-8265u
32GB RAM
UHD 620
1920x1080 14" display
Natively supported Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card installed
Elan trackpad

Battery status working.

Backlight working.
IGPU acceleration working.
Audio working.
Sleep/Wake working.
Wi-Fi working.
Bluetooth working.
PS/2 Keyboard working.
SD card reader working.

Problem reporting files attached.
I2C Kernel logs attached.
Clover EFI attached.
OpenCore EFI attached.

Attachments

• debug_20389.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • I2C Common Errors (Kernel logs).zip
    64.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Clover EFI.zip
    25 MB · Views: 56
  • OpenCore EFI.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I cannot make my touchpad works.

My laptop is Asus adol13un,i5-8250u(kaby lake r) and my touchpad is ELAN1204.According the guide,my hexadecimal APIC pin is 0x6d and hexadecimal GPIO pin is 0x55.I put 0x55 to //Pin list in the ETPD Device.But the touchpad is not working.In the boot logging it said pin 85 cannot be used as IRQ.This problem has stuck me over half year.I used VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CELAN from 2.3 to 2.4.4.The macos version from Catalina to Big Sur.I had read almost all of this post and tried all solutions in this post but nothing happened.This is my OpenCore folder.
I solute this problem used pin 0x51 and voodooi2chid and gestures are normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back