Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, please someone can help me with my elan 1200 on mojave. i`ve installed voodooi2c and voodooi2chid kext and I patched my dsdt but it doesn't work at all.

Ok, try this
Nope that didn't work out either /: , do you think ACPIBatteryManager may be interfering with the kext? I read in some post that in some cases it, is there a way to see if voodooIC2HID is working? or the logger?

Last edited:
Hi, I have been trying to make Voodoo work since last night but no hope... It was working when I was using OpenCore 0.5.3 and booting from USB, but I upgraded to 0.5.4 and using main drive's EFI partition. Now, It doesn't work. ( To be honest, it wasn't very stable before) If somebody could help me, it would be wonderful!

Attachments

• SF315SupportPackage.zip
    833.6 KB · Views: 70
Hello, my IOinterruptSpecifers DATA <39 00 00 00 03 00 00 00> so basically 0x39 PIN number, I know I have to manually add pin inorder to work my touchpad ELAN 1200 but I am totally lost I have tried most of pins I can get from the calculation but nothing works I hope someone can help me to fix this I have attached all the required files clover kernel logs ioregs.

Attachments

• Send me Ankits-MacBook-Pro.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
1)
If I install v2.3 to /L/E or /S/L/E , it cause hanging during boot.
v2.2 had no problems.

I can use v2.3 only clover injected kext mode.

2)
How can I load i2c touchpad in recovery boot?

Although I should boot recovery hd to solve problem ‘1)’, in recovery mode touchpad does not be recognized.

*Catalrina prevent read-write volume in single-mode. So I can’t delete kext from /L/E boot with single mode.

1)
If I install v2.3 to /L/E or /S/L/E , it cause hanging during boot.
v2.2 had no problems.

I can use v2.3 only clover injected kext mode.

2)
How can I load i2c touchpad in recovery boot?

Although I should boot recovery hd to solve problem ‘1)’, in recovery mode touchpad does not be recognized.

*Catalrina prevent read-write volume in single-mode. So I can’t delete kext from /L/E boot with single mode.
run these 3 commands in terminal:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

then you can delete your kexts

also only apple kexts belong in /S/L/E

3rd party kexts belong in /L/E

or install them all to clover/kexts/other only

Hoping by posting directly to the VoodooI2C thread can help us. This is for the Ideapad S340, @4mit has created an install guide for us which works great except that not everyone were able to get the Trackpad working. So far it seems the i5 model owners have the most issues. VoodooI2CHID seems to be the culprit, in my machine it is pretty inconsistent - sometimes it loads, other times it doesn't. I attached the debug file to this post in the hope that some is able to help us figure out this issue.

Attachments

• debug_8008.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
Nope that didn't work out either /: , do you think ACPIBatteryManager may be interfering with the kext? I read in some post that in some cases it, is there a way to see if voodooIC2HID is working? or the logger?

I have the same model as you, (Dell 3590 with i5 and GTX 1650) and I already have more than 2 months trying to make these i2c kexts work, but without success :banghead: (and I still haven't found anyone that has managed to make it work on the 3590). I believe that for our model, no gestures on the trackpad.:cry:

I have the same model as you, (Dell 3590 with i5 and GTX 1650) and I already have more than 2 months trying to make these i2c kexts work, but without success :banghead: (and I still haven't found anyone that has managed to make it work on the 3590). I believe that for our model, no gestures on the trackpad.:cry:
:( Hey but do you have the trackpad at least working? Because I don't know what I did but I got the trackpad working without gestures and it was no showing at the preferences but when I shut it down it stopped working $: at least I'd like to have it working you know just to free an USB port haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back