Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i followed https://voodooi2c.github.io/#Build Environment
and used

xcodebuild -workspace "VoodooI2C.xcworkspace" -scheme "VoodooI2C" -sdk macosx10.14 -derivedDataPath build clean build

and built the kext but I don't think I built it properly because I can't move my cursor after install the kext to L/E. any chance you can provide the updated kext to me?
I don't have a development machine nearby...
You can attach a troubleshooting archive and the built kexts :)

hello here I am new I have in mind some inconvenience that accompanies me. I used the VoodooPS2Controller that worked well, but the trackpad was not so easy to use. That's why I was looking for and started using VoodooI2C + HID. trackpad works now perfectly but I have an inconvenience and I have to use VoodooPS2Controller to work my keyboard.
Problem 1: I have panic kernel when booting OSX. if I remove voodoops2 or I2C the system goes. I found that as soon as the apple logo shows up with loading progress and as soon as it shows and press any key, the system will start up without any problem! How is it possible and how to solve it? I've tried various tips on the internet about deleting text from VoodooPS2C .. but that didn't help.
Problem 2: if I press the key while driving on the trackpad, the cursor stops responding before I release the keyboard. like controlling the sound volume, but it happens with any key.
Can you give me some advice? Thank you

It's Sunrise Point.

Thanks, Patched DSDT.aml work now(GPI0 is 0x1b),but failure in change into Hotpatch, could you give any suggest.
what have try:
Method 1
in Clover, rename to disable touchpad device: TPD1 > XPD1
apply I2C hotpatch for Skylake: SSDT-I2C0-SKL.aml
apply I2C GPI0 hotpatch for: SSDT-GPI0.aml
customer SSDT-I2c.aml for modify GPI0 pin code (from success working patched DSDT.aml)。

Method 2:
rename to disable origin _SB.PCI0.I2C0, then customer I2C0 device in hot patch file: I2C0 > X2C0
customer SSDT-I2c.aml for modify GPI0 pin code(from success working patched DSDT.aml

The result: both method failure.
in method 1, missing touchpad device in APCI file.
in method 2, whatever how to change device name or disable it, still get origin device APCI data(no custom modify apply)。

Attachments

• origin_APCI_files.zip
    174.4 KB · Views: 66
  • work-DSDT.zip
    97.2 KB · Views: 92
  • unwork-hotpatch-debug_System DSDT.zip
    60.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Unwork-Hotpatched.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IORegistryExplorer.zip
    622.5 KB · Views: 87
hello here I am new I have in mind some inconvenience that accompanies me. I used the VoodooPS2Controller that worked well, but the trackpad was not so easy to use. That's why I was looking for and started using VoodooI2C + HID. trackpad works now perfectly but I have an inconvenience and I have to use VoodooPS2Controller to work my keyboard.
Problem 1: I have panic kernel when booting OSX. if I remove voodoops2 or I2C the system goes. I found that as soon as the apple logo shows up with loading progress and as soon as it shows and press any key, the system will start up without any problem! How is it possible and how to solve it? I've tried various tips on the internet about deleting text from VoodooPS2C .. but that didn't help.
Problem 2: if I press the key while driving on the trackpad, the cursor stops responding before I release the keyboard. like controlling the sound volume, but it happens with any key.
Can you give me some advice? Thank you
Panic might be due to old VoodooPS2. Try latest Acidanthera release.
Second problem - You can disable trackpad silencing while typing in VoodooI2CHID's info.plist. RM,deliverNotifications should be set to false.

Thanks, Patched DSDT.aml work now(GPI0 is 0x1b),but failure in change into Hotpatch, could you give any suggest.
what have try:
Method 1
in Clover, rename to disable touchpad device: TPD1 > XPD1
customer SSDT-I2c.aml for modify GPI0 pin code (from success working patched DSDT.aml)。

Method 2:
rename to disable origin _SB.PCI0.I2C0, then customer I2C0 device in hot patch file: I2C0 > X2C0
customer SSDT-I2c.aml for modify GPI0 pin code(from success working patched DSDT.aml

The result: both method failure.
in method 1, missing touchpad device in APCI file.
in method 2, whatever how to change device name or disable it, still get origin device APCI data(no custom modify apply)。
Until the next VoodooI2C release - add CoolStar's I2C patches to your config.plist

panic was with the latest ps2controller but now is the new version that I dropped and after restart the system ran up without a problem without using the keyboard. the second problem after the change too resolved.

Hey guys,
Ive tried basicly everything to get the trackpad working on my new HP Envy 13 i7-10510u:

- I2C Controllers Patch corrupts my DSDT so I can not apply that one
- GPIO Patch applied
- Clover Patches to free I2C
- Added VoodooI2C and I2CSynaptics kexts to clover/kexts/other

The touchpad will just not work no matter which Kext I use. Maybe its not supported? This is my Linux Dump:

Code:
Bus=0018 Vendor=06cb Product=cd50 Version=0100
Name="SYNA328E:00 06CB:CD50 Touchpad"
Phys=i2c-SYNA328E:00

Hello!

After straight installing V2.0.1 Core+HID kexts on my Skylake Razer stealth
(DSDT patch checked! GPIO=1f lower than 2f! TouchScreen and Trackpad are all i2C)

I got my touch screen working with gestures and trackpad as a single click mouse

Here's the question, is it possible to get gestures working on my trackpad as well

If so, what infos do I need to provide?

And thank you for your effort on this project, this laptop only needs gesture on trackpad to become a perfect hack!!
Hi,
Can you please upload your DSDT and IOReg?
Thanks

Hey guys,
Ive tried basicly everything to get the trackpad working on my new HP Envy 13 i7-10510u:

- I2C Controllers Patch corrupts my DSDT so I can not apply that one
- GPIO Patch applied
- Clover Patches to free I2C
- Added VoodooI2C and I2CSynaptics kexts to clover/kexts/other

The touchpad will just not work no matter which Kext I use. Maybe its not supported? This is my Linux Dump:

Code:
Bus=0018 Vendor=06cb Product=cd50 Version=0100
Name="SYNA328E:00 06CB:CD50 Touchpad"
Phys=i2c-SYNA328E:00
Start with VoodooI2CHID instead of VoodooI2CSyanptics.
Attach a troubleshooting archive if you have issues.

Start with VoodooI2CHID instead of VoodooI2CSyanptics.
Attach a troubleshooting archive if you have issues.

Sorry, done. Attached problem report files. Seems like the driver simply doesnt hook up to i2c.

Edit: Okay here is a whole dump of my information. Problem files attached; ioreg, hackintool and windows information coming in a sec.

Attachments

• debug_6919.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 106
  • hackintool.png
    hackintool.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 103
  • ioreg.png
    ioreg.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 99
  • win1.JPG
    win1.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 91