Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought i did, that wasn't correct how i ran debug.sh? I uploaded both the debug and ioreg.
You uploaded a text file. You should attach a zip archive generated by running the script. Read the README.

My trackpad is now working with gestures. It looks pretty smooth. Thanks to @ben9923 for his help and patient.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 12.39.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 12.38.46 AM.png

However when I boot Mojave with Verbose enabled the system gets a kernel panic and restart. Also before using Voodoo2IC in system preferences use to be the application Ink. Now with voodooi2c it is not, but my touchpad still works.

Question: Screen rotation should work?

Thanks @ben9923

Screen.png

Attachments

• debug_29009.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
My trackpad is now working with gestures. It looks pretty smooth. Thanks to @ben9923 for his help and patient.

View attachment 410845

View attachment 410846

However when I boot Mojave with Verbose enabled the system gets a kernel panic and restart. Also before using Voodoo2IC in system preferences use to be the application Ink. Now with voodooi2c it is not, but my touchpad still works.

Question: Screen rotation should work?

Thanks @ben9923

View attachment 410847
If it's not completely smooth, try disabling ACPIBatteryManager, just for testing. If it improves stability you can switch too SMCBatteryManager.
Did Ink features actually work? I think it should appear, but... Not really sure.
If screen is rotated, VoodooI2CHID can handle it and invert the input. It does not, however, rotate the screen itself, as you don't have an I2C/USB sensor it's familiar with. If you have a compatible sensor kext install it, VoodooI2CHID will know when it should invert your input.

Can you attach the panic log? Make sure you're running latest VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID.
I see your latest panic was at Jun 11 23:53:24. Is that the panic I should look at?

This is my last panic log and I am using the last version of VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID. I will test with SMCBatteryManager and rotation and I will let you know.

Thank you @ben9923

Attachments

• kernel_panic.log.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 52
This is my last panic log and I am using the last version of VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID. I will test with SMCBatteryManager and rotation and I will let you know.

Thank you @ben9923
Please boot with keepsyms=1 and attach a new panic log.

Sorry I am late.
Seems like it's a panic in the sensor code. Until it's fixed, if it's not really useful for you, you can disable your sensor device by disabling the matching USB port (HS04).

You may open a new GitHub issue in the VoodooI2C repo, including a description of the problem, a troubleshooting archive and the panic log (with keepsyms=1) :)

Last edited:
Hello.
help me to make the touchpad workable in Mojave.
I use VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CSynaptics.

I replaced _CRS method and applied patches (GPIO Controller Enable, Windows 10 patch) in my DSDT.

Code:
Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
            {
                If (LLess (OSYS, 0x07DC))
                {
                    Return (SBFI)
                }

If (LEqual (SDM1, Zero))
                {
                    Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
                }

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI))
            }

to:

Code:
            {

}

Then chance IOPropertyMatch name to SYNA3064 VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext`s info.plist.
Then put VoodooI2c.kext and VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext to clover folder.

Attachments

• EFI (1).zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 73
  • DSDT.aml
    126.7 KB · Views: 64
  • ioreg2.ioreg
    17 MB · Views: 65
Hello.
help me to make the touchpad workable in Mojave.
I use VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CSynaptics.

I replaced _CRS method and applied patches (GPIO Controller Enable, Windows 10 patch) in my DSDT.

Code:
            {
                If (LLess (OSYS, 0x07DC))
                {
                    Return (SBFI)
                }

If (LEqual (SDM1, Zero))
                {
                }

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI))
            }

to:

Code:
            {

}

Then chance IOPropertyMatch name to SYNA3064 VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext`s info.plist.
Then put VoodooI2c.kext and VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext to clover folder.
Add CoolStar's 2 patches to your config.plist:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back