Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
copy and paste would work using xcode or plisteditor
Trying to insert the line of code in KextToPatch I get this error:
Clover Configurator could not be synchronized because an error occurred: Found non-key inside <dict> at line 664

This is the entire section:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers, credit CoolStar</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2C</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SU9LaXQ=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>SU9LaXM=</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers, credit CoolStar</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SU9LaXQ=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>SU9LaXM=</data>
<true/>
</dict>
<array/>

Trying to insert the line of code in KextToPatch I get this error:
Clover Configurator could not be synchronized because an error occurred: Found non-key inside <dict> at line 664

This is the entire section:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2C</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SU9LaXQ=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>SU9LaXM=</data>
<true/>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SU9LaXQ=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>SU9LaXM=</data>
<true/>
</dict>
<array/>
i didn't mention to use clover configurator

use xcode or plisteditpro

I tried using clover after using plisteditpro which gives me the same error. As soon as I can I will also use xcode.

I tried to add the lines of code with xcode but upon restarting the PC remains stuck on the logo of the apple.

pointless unless you boot verbose
I solved by replacing the config.plist I had in the debug archive. The fact remains that if I insert the lines of code you suggested in the config.plist file with xcode (the only app that lets me insert them), the computer does not start.

I solved by replacing the config.plist I had in the debug archive. The fact remains that if I insert the lines of code you suggested in the config.plist file with xcode (the only app that lets me insert them), the computer does not start.
Please attach the edited config.plist. Where does boot hang? Use verbose as @Feartech suggested.

Looking at your debug archive:
AppleBacklightFixup.kext should be removed, it's built into recent WhateverGreen.
GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not useful for your hardware, remove.
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi should be removed, as you probably have native NVRAM support with AptioMemoryFix.
Why do you have 2 AudioDxe drivers?

Why do you patch your SSDTs?

Please attach the edited config.plist. Where does boot hang? Use verbose as @Feartech suggested.

Looking at your debug archive:
AppleBacklightFixup.kext should be removed, it's built into recent WhateverGreen.
GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not useful for your hardware, remove.
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi should be removed, as you probably have native NVRAM support with AptioMemoryFix.
Why do you have 2 AudioDxe drivers?

Why do you patch your SSDTs?
I tried to re-enter the codes in the config.plist and now the computer starts up, maybe it was just my transcription problem. The fact is that the touchpad still does not work.
Now I remove the kext you advised me to remove.
I patched the SSDTs for various tutorials I had followed on the internet but if you think they could compromise the mac I still have the original ones if you want.
I don't know why I have 2 driver audio.. But it work..:lol:
At your disposal if you need some other file to help me.

Last edited:
Please attach an archive made with gen_debug.sh, as I asked in the previous thread.
The DxDiag output isn't useful for analysis...

Please also make sure 'Ignore built-in trackpad...' is disabled in SysPrefs>Accessibility>Mouse & Trackpad.
How do I just disable them? Don't they just work automatically when they're detected? Please post a screenshot of where I'm supposed to do this. I will try and post the archive from gen_debug later.

I tried to re-enter the codes in the config.plist and now the computer starts up, maybe it was just my transcription problem. The fact is that the touchpad still does not work.
Now I remove the kext you advised me to remove.
I patched the SSDTs for various tutorials I had followed on the internet but if you think they could compromise the mac I still have the original ones if you want.
I don't know why I have 2 driver audio.. But it work..:lol:
At your disposal if you need some other file to help me.
Don't patch your SSDTs if you don't need to.
Please attach an archive made with gen_debug.sh. Make sure IOReg is included.

How do I just disable them? Don't they just work automatically when they're detected? Please post a screenshot of where I'm supposed to do this. I will try and post the archive from gen_debug later.
Something in macOS might cause them to interfere with each other when both are connected, as both are recognized as built-in. Disabling that setting will eliminate such an issue.
Of course it is just a guess, because I did not see your troubleshooting files.
Disable that setting if it's currently enabled, not a device (Not sure what you mean by 'disable them').

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back