Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sill no luck :(

Fresh DSDT extract, win10 patch and then polling mode mods (ensuring all returns are SBFB in the _CRS methods for TPD0).

Attached new debug pack.
Do you really need all those boot-flags? Clean those up. You may want to use RehabMan's config.plist (matching your graphics) as a start. I'd use the UHD 630 config for your device actually. It contains necessary fixes for a correctly-working system. Disable the ig-platform-id injection there, let WEG do it for you (the id there is for the UHD 630, other things should be good).
Update Clover to the latest revision from SourceForge.

Make sure kexts are installed accordingly to InjectKexts=Detect configuration.
All kexts should be installed to /L/E. Mandatory kexts necessary for booting also go to Clover (while you still have them in /L/E)

AptioMemoryFix is usually preferred over OsxAptioFixDrv, replace it.
FSInject missing from drivers64Uefi. Running the Clover installer will probably put it there. You can also choose AptioMemoryFix within the installer, make sure you remove OsxAptio... tho.

Last edited:
Hello~
I recently hackintosh on miix-520 i7 version
- machine model : Miix 520-121KB (Type 81CG)
- CPU model : i7-8550u
- OS version : 10.14.4
- VoodooI2C version : 2.1.6
- bug description : the multitouch gesture on the touchscreen conflicts with the stylus pen input. The stylus pen input doesn't conflict with single touch on touchscreen ; However , multitouch gesture on touchscreen will make conflict with stylus pen input , making the touchscreen cannot sense stylus pen until single touch on touchscreen.

I've record two video , one video with conflict(multitouch) ; and another without conflict(single touch)
Thanks a lot~

Attachments

• success’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    11.6 MB · Views: 205
  • video.zip
    68.2 MB · Views: 261
Hello developers,
With Clover the Kext still works as a dream. Thanks to your very good work.

Now I have tried to use the Kext under OC.
https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg

I know that's all still in development but I would like to post the result, since the I2C Kext is the only one which leads to a kernel panic with OC. The kernel panic always occurs only by reboot oder shutdown of the laptop.
Maybe someone would like to look at the bug report and have any idea why this kernel panic happens.

Attachments

• debug_30391.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 183
Hello~
I recently hackintosh on miix-520 i7 version
- machine model : Miix 520-121KB (Type 81CG)
- CPU model : i7-8550u
- OS version : 10.14.4
- VoodooI2C version : 2.1.6
- bug description : the multitouch gesture on the touchscreen conflicts with the stylus pen input. The stylus pen input doesn't conflict with single touch on touchscreen ; However , multitouch gesture on touchscreen will make conflict with stylus pen input , making the touchscreen cannot sense stylus pen until single touch on touchscreen.

I've record two video , one video with conflict(multitouch) ; and another without conflict(single touch)
Thanks a lot~
Not sure what's the cause. Can you attach a full troubleshooting archive made with gen_debug.sh?
You're using APIC interrupts, right?

Hello developers,
With Clover the Kext still works as a dream. Thanks to your very good work.

Now I have tried to use the Kext under OC.
https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg

I know that's all still in development but I would like to post the result, since the I2C Kext is the only one which leads to a kernel panic with OC. The kernel panic always occurs only by reboot oder shutdown of the laptop.
Maybe someone would like to look at the bug report and have any idea why this kernel panic happens.
You did not patch your ACPI for GPIO interrupts (Your APIC pin is 0x6d, higher than 0x2f, so the kext falls back to polling - not recommended)

Seems like IOHIDFamily panics, not VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CHID. Not sure what's the cause, I guess we'll check that... If not now - maybe when more users start migrating to OpenCore and development proceeds.
What happens when VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID are installed to /L/E and not injected?
What happens when only VoodooI2C is installed, without VoodooI2CHID?

Maybe you should open a new issue in the VoodooI2C repo, please describe it properly :)

BTW, you shouldn't be using both USBPorts.kext and USBInjectAll.kext.

I see you're running a beta version of macOS. Might be worth to try the latest stable release and/or future beta versions.

Last edited:
Hello @ben9923 ,
GPIO is not possible with my Zenbook UX330UAK. Asus BIOS is buggy und CPU frequency is going up du max level with GPIO.
Therefore, for my ASUS only polling is possible.

VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID not injected > Laptop works perfect.

Only VoodooI2C is installed > Laptop works perfect.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-07 um 09.01.23.png

VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID are installed to /L/E > Not possible with OC since the SIP is fully activated. Must be deactivated by boot in the recovery mode and I did not want to do that .

I'll also test your two suggested variants. > Done

I'll post a new bug report to the repo. > Done
https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/issues/187

USBInjectAll.kext is not in use. Is disabled in the config.plist.

Kernelpanik also happen with the official version from mojave 10.14.4.

Last edited:
Not sure what's the cause. Can you attach a full troubleshooting archive made with gen_debug.sh?
You're using APIC interrupts, right?
yeah~
this is the debug file @ben9923 , thank you again~

Attachments

• debug_13760.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 146
Hello @ben9923 ,
GPIO is not possible with my Zenbook UX330UAK. Asus BIOS is buggy und CPU frequency is going up du max level with GPIO.
Therefore, for my ASUS only polling is possible.

VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID not injected > Laptop works perfect.

Only VoodooI2C is installed > Laptop works perfect.

View attachment 404113

VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID are installed to /L/E > Not possible with OC since the SIP is fully activated. Must be deactivated by boot in the recovery mode and I did not want to do that .

I'll also test your two suggested variants. > Done

I'll post a new bug report to the repo.

USBInjectAll.kext is not in use. Is disabled in the config.plist.
I see, Anyway I'd remove the kext if not used, better to not have unnecessary stuff than disabling them.
You also have SMCSuperIO.kext, but AFAIK there's no compatible device on your system. Guess you can eliminate that one as well.

Please open an issue via GitHub so it's easier to track/remember and allows more OpenCore users to reply (might be easier to resolve that way) :)
Make sure everything is included there, with a detailed description (panics on shutdown/reboot, right? etc.)

Currently I don't really know the cause of the panic. panic log isn't mentioning VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CHID (Different boot-args? Multiple tries to make it show? IDK...) so there's no direct point to somewhere.

yeah~
this is the debug file @ben9923 , thank you again~
Oh, I see you're not using latest VoodooI2C.
Update both VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID to latest release (currently 2.1.6).

Attachments

• debug_25215.zip
    24.9 MB · Views: 115
@ben9923 I'm pretty sure VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID are the latest version(2.1.6)... BTW , I've tested voodooi2c with version 2.1.4~2.1.6 , all with the same problem :(

Attachments

• debug_26907.zip
    24.8 MB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back