Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am having trouble making my Lenovo 320-15isk touchpad working(Synaptics).
1. Apply I2C controllers [SKL] DSDT patch got error (syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCODE, expecting $end and premature end-of-line).
GPIO Enable [SKL+] and Windows10 patch applied OK.
2. With VoodooI2CHID.Kext, touchpad works wierd, cursor won't stop moving after I move the touchpad.(will stop if I touch the pad)
How can I resolve this problem and make VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext works, thanks a lot!
You don't need the I2C controllers patch.
VoodooI2CSynaptics cannot work in polling mode, you must patch your DSDT to use GPIO interrupts.
I think you can accomplish that by changing this in TPD0._CRS:
Code:
                    If (LEqual (TPTY, 0x02))
                    {
                        Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFS, SBFI))
                    }
To this:
Code:
                    If (LEqual (TPTY, 0x02))
                    {
                        Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFS, SBFG))
                    }

That will also resolve your "cursor won't stop" problem :)

Code:
                    If (LEqual (TPTY, 0x02))
                    {
                        Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFS, SBFG))
                    }

That will also resolve your "cursor won't stop" problem :)
Dear Ben,
Amazing! It works like a charm. Everything working now, includes move, drag and scroll.
So many thanks! You are my angel!

Hey guys,

in need of some help here :D
I own a Surface Pro 4 and applied VoodooI2C. The Touchpad is working beautifully!
Sadly enough the keyboard stopped working. Is there anyone with a possible fix out there?

Hello,
My ELAN1300 works like a charm without dsdt patch but stop working when I left it for about 5 minutes without touching. restart the computer makes it work again. Voodooi2c.kext & voodooi2chid.kext installed. please help

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    116.2 KB · Views: 218
Hello,
My ELAN1300 works like a charm without dsdt patch but stop working when I left it for about 5 minutes without touching. restart the computer makes it work again. Voodooi2c.kext & voodooi2chid.kext installed. please help
You're running in polling mode, that's not recommended. Are you on CFL/CNL/etc?
Please attach an archive made with gen_debug.sh, make sure IOReg is included.
Please attach 2 archives - one when it still works, and another after it stops working.

Hello. How to fix this polling mode ? I followed the GPIO pinning guide. I don't know what is CFL CNL sorry
The touchscreen ID is TPL0 and Touchpad is ETPD
thank you

Attachments

• mac’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    30.8 MB · Views: 196
  • debug_19460 working touchpad.zip
    2 MB · Views: 178
  • debug_30113 n stop working.zip
    2 MB · Views: 192
Hello. How to fix this polling mode ? I followed the GPIO pinning guide. I don't know what is CFL CNL sorry
The touchscreen ID is TPL0 and Touchpad is ETPD
thank you
From your kernel log:
Bash:
2019-04-19 16:26:11.208258+0700 0x120      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::VoodooI2CDeviceNub Warning: Could not find any APIC nor GPIO interrupts; if your chosen satellite implements polling then VoodooI2CDeviceNub will run in polling mode.
CFL = Coffee Lake, CNL = Cannon Lake. Those generations are not supported by VoodooGPIO, but yours is, so you should be able to use GPIO interrupts. Your patching is not successful tho.

You obviously did not follow the GPIO pinning guide. You've followed the polling guide. You removed the APIC interrupt from _CRS, but did not add SBFG with the GPIO pin.

If further help is necessary, please make sure IOReg is attached for both cases (.ioreg file), not generic_ioreg.txt.
The .ioreg file shouldn't be 30MB...

Hi, after updated to VoodooPS2Controller to 2.0.1.1 (from https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2) can no more boot macOS (whereas everything is OK when I downgrade to the 1.9.2 version from Rehabman)
Before further investigations would like to know Is there is a known incompatibility or recommendations for this branch when using VoodooI2C ?

From your kernel log:
Bash:
2019-04-19 16:26:11.208258+0700 0x120      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::VoodooI2CDeviceNub Warning: Could not find any APIC nor GPIO interrupts; if your chosen satellite implements polling then VoodooI2CDeviceNub will run in polling mode.
CFL = Coffee Lake, CNL = Cannon Lake. Those generations are not supported by VoodooGPIO, but yours is, so you should be able to use GPIO interrupts. Your patching is not successful tho.

You obviously did not follow the GPIO pinning guide. You've followed the polling guide. You removed the APIC interrupt from _CRS, but did not add SBFG with the GPIO pin.

If further help is necessary, please make sure IOReg is attached for both cases (.ioreg file), not generic_ioreg.txt.
The .ioreg file shouldn't be 30MB...
Thanks. I added SBFB line and it works

Hi, after updated to VoodooPS2Controller to 2.0.1.1 (from https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2) can no more boot macOS (whereas everything is OK when I downgrade to the 1.9.2 version from Rehabman)
Before further investigations would like to know Is there is a known incompatibility or recommendations for this branch when using VoodooI2C ?
Same class names are used for the native engine on VoodooPS2 (as the classes were just copied from it...). See the latest commit, try compiling it yourself.
The VoodooI2C repo should really be a submodule of the VoodooPS2 repository. The code shouldn't be copied that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back